Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I use to have problems with my HTEV and decided to wire it in one position. With most of my daily riding being between 3-8000 RPMs, I wired the valve in the mid-range position and have done most of my riding on the bike with it in that position....learned to wheelie...etc. Well in August I decided I wanted to try the valve in the wide open, top-end position. I was thrilled by the sound and top end pull but drastically disappointing with the mid-range position pull, so I put it back to mid. Id like to have the best of both worlds but dont really want to go back to the original HTEV with the servo etc. Will a power commander solve all my worries? Ive heard with the commander I could wire the valve in the top-end position with no loss in mid...true story?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Kind of. I tried to use a full exhaust map and having the HTEV in the fully open position, but it still lacked low range terribly.

My only guess is to get a custom map for it...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Ive heard with the commander I could wire the valve in the top-end position with no loss in mid...true story?
I would be surprised but it might be possible depending on the particular setup you have.
The PC can certainly improve the curve if it's well mapped.
Why not hook up a manual choke cable connected to the HTEV so you can pull it open when you hit the twisties. Sort of a primitive version of the multi-map systems some new bikes have :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts