Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always hear what the good things are on a cbr1000 2005+. I did some research to try and find some common issues or problems with the bike. But I was unable to really find anything. I am hoping to become an owner of one of these this year. But I like to do research and find out what I'm really getting in to. I would greatly appreciate any bad things:thumbd: you can come up with, nothing that is due to owner error:nono: but things that are due to design flaw. Maybe something as a dead spot in the RPM's, or the stator going out quickly. Perhaps maybe lag throttle. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out with this. :patriot:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I always hear what the good things are on a cbr1000 2005+. I did some research to try and find some common issues or problems with the bike. But I was unable to really find anything. I am hoping to become an owner of one of these this year. But I like to do research and find out what I'm really getting in to. I would greatly appreciate any bad things:thumbd: you can come up with, nothing that is due to owner error:nono: but things that are due to design flaw. Maybe something as a dead spot in the RPM's, or the stator going out quickly. Perhaps maybe lag throttle. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out with this. :patriot:

Charging system is the major problem with Honda.
Pretty sure there was a recall to replace '04/'05 charging system components with the '06/'07 items.
I've heard stories about the Repsol orange wheel paint not being very good, but really, the '04/'05 is generally a pretty good bike.
Poor maintenance and maltreatment are going to be much more important to how the bike is now than any inherent problems it might have had when it was new.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Charging system is the major problem with Honda.
Pretty sure there was a recall to replace '04/'05 charging system components with the '06/'07 items.
I've heard stories about the Repsol orange wheel paint not being very good, but really, the '04/'05 is generally a pretty good bike.
Poor maintenance and maltreatment are going to be much more important to how the bike is now than any inherent problems it might have had when it was new.
How would one go about trying to fix that charging problem? Just keep getting a new stator every time it goes out? Or would you need to get one from one of the newer years?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts