Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am loving my 50 mile round trip commute more and more on the VFR. I wear leather jacket and gloves but feel a bit unprotected in the pants dept. I need to appear business casual... Polo and like khakis (no jeans).

Suggestions on protection anyone? Commuting suit or overpants? Anyone else commuting?

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Joe Rocket alter-ego pants are what I currently have. Admittedly - I have not worn them (riding) over pants, but they manage to keep me pretty cool while riding without. They also seem to be pretty well put together even as an extra-commuting pant. I did try them on over some dockers when I first got them and they felt ok but - it's summertime, and the Ridgeline has A/C.

If I didn't snag these, some of the FirstGear stuff from new enough would probably have gotten my funds.

·
Registered
527 Posts
i wear frank thomas 2 piece leathers with oxtar boots. change at work. L.A. traffic is crazy. all the crazy cell phone users.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Baketech said:
Aerostich... :twocents:
:thumb: A buddy of mine commuted to work everyday with a Stitch. Through rain, 100º heat and more, with a tie on underneath.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Aerostitch? Yes. I've always said I liked them.

A football jersey with a logo, renamed "mesh", like a Joe Rocket Phoenix, no. Ballistic nylon/Kevlar and armor custom fitted to its owner? Good.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I commuted for a couple of years in mine...it's about the only true all-weather solution, and it's a compromise at best... :crap:

If you go that route, your next issue becomes storage, as they are bulky.

After that your next issue becomes footwear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts