Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm trying to use dotted lines for my table borders - but they aren't showing up, instead they show as solid - it keeps coughing up "Disabled b/c of IE4" (though I'm running 6). Of course I'm using Visual Studio .NET to do this which granted is a bit of over kill for what I'm doing. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
symonjester said:
I'm trying to use dotted lines for my table borders - but they aren't showing up, instead they show as solid - it keeps coughing up "Disabled b/c of IE4" (though I'm running 6). Of course I'm using Visual Studio .NET to do this which granted is a bit of over kill for what I'm doing. Thoughts anyone?
This works for me. :idunno:

HTML:
<table style="border: dotted;">
  <tr>
    <td>
      Test
    </td>
  </tr>
</table>
If you want the border around the TDs, put the style param on that line, of course. :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
:thumb: Thanks. Amidst the 4,000,000 other tags that Word was tossing in (I created it originally in Word) it was forcing the border to solid. Scrapped all of that extra text crap (the 'mso...' stuff) and your code works. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
symonjester said:
:thumb: Thanks. Amidst the 4,000,000 other tags that Word was tossing in (I created it originally in Word) it was forcing the border to solid. Scrapped all of that extra text crap (the 'mso...' stuff) and your code works. Thanks.

Grab Dreamweaver (even as a demo for the moment), they have a function called 'Clean Up Word HTML'.

That should make things a little clearer for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts