Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, people are going to have sex out of wedlock, which the church doesn't seem to want to admit.

Since they're going to have sex, there's nothing better than a condom for protection.  It says right on the package there is still a risk...but it's far lower than non-protected!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Years ago (mid 90s) I read somewhere that 100 aids virus cells can pass through a condom side-by-side since the pores in latex are 100 angstroms wide.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Remember when guns were dangerous and sex was safe? The more I hear about this stuff, the more I love myself. As a matter of fact I think I am going to go love myself right now!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Looks like you got more than you bargained for here....

·
Registered
846 Posts
TEN : Remember when guns were dangerous and sex was safe?  The more I hear about this stuff, the more I love myself.  As a matter of fact I think I am going to go love myself right now!
Everybody need a little 'me' time once in awhile.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
In all seriousness, I'm on the Board of Directors for Missouri RAIN (Regional AIDS Interfaith Network). The focus of the organization is to provide HIV/AIDS prevention education and assist individuals and families either infected or affected by the disease. More info HERE. I'm not an expert, nor did I know anyone living with HIV/AIDS before I joined the board, but I've sure learned a lot about the disease since. If anyone has questions, I can probably find the answer.

PM me if you need to. All will be held in strict confidence.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
ccwilli3 : my favorite line in that:  'condoms can kill!'

No a$$holes, AIDS kills...  Thats like saying GUNS KILL!  Umm, yeah...
WRONG! Try surviving with one over your 'other' head

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Maybe all the priests with the little boys was a study to prove this?....'I did it in the name of science!' lol

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Well, no ####. Nothing is 100% effective against pregnancy, so of course it's not 100% effective against transmitting HIV. But, it's very effective. Much more effective than NOT using one. Perhaps the Catholic church would prefer that those who have sex out of wedlock die. That kind of statement isn't going to encourage safe sex, nor is it going to stop sex outside of marriage. Don't get me started. As LTL said, sometimes organized religion is a drag.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm not Catholic and I'm not going to defend/support what was said. What in the article is causing all of this resentment though? All they simply claimed is that condoms don't entirely protect users from AIDS. It sounds as though it's a debatable discussion. I didn't read anywhere in the article where the Vatican was trying to push their beliefs onto others. Perhaps this line is questionable:

The Archbishop of Nairobi, Raphael Ndingi Nzeki told the program: 'AIDS...has grown so fast because of the availability of condoms.'

I can't say I agree with that statement. Aside from that, though, the article seems to me to be pretty neutral in terms of moral direction.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts