Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I got my mini usb cable today and downloaded the software to connect it to the computer but I can't get the comp to recognize the phone. After setting up the software I hit the help thing and it tells how to do it but after it installs the drivers it tells me to connect the phone and it will automatically configure the phone. Once I plug the phone in it doesn't do anything. Anyone know how to get the comp to recognize the phone? When I downloaded the software from cingular's webpage it said something about needing a dataplan, I don't have any data thing on my plan. could that be why its not working?

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Did you update the Motorola Phontools to the latest? You have to keep choosing the update option until it says no more updates are available. It won't download the latest one the first time you run it. It's in increments....

Only the latest version of the software recognizes the RAZR V3c.

You only need the data plan if you want to use the phone as an internet connection on your PC.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I downloaded the Cingular Connection Manager cause thats the software the cable says to download. And it says no updates available.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I think I might just do that. Probably try to send this cable back. The software from the cingular site should still be able to detect the phone even though I don't have a data plan (so maybe the cable is defective)

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the software and installed it. seems to recognize the phone. but when I try to transfer a sound file it tells me unsupported format-can't be converted. I tried saving it as all 4 file types and no go. Any ideas?

·
Registered
806 Posts
CBR929RE said:
got the software and installed it. seems to recognize the phone. but when I try to transfer a sound file it tells me unsupported format-can't be converted. I tried saving it as all 4 file types and no go. Any ideas?
I've never had any problems uploading mp3's as long as I transfer them through the Multimedia Studio portion of MPT.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Southpark, thats what I was trying to do. Figured out the problem but still haven't actually fixed it. I can get it to start recognizing and configuring (or whatever its doing) but it won't finish the process.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Yeah, if that software came with the USB drivers, windows should detect and identify the phone when you plug it in.
Did you have any issues with mobilephone tools? I have a previous version that worked fine with my T720...this version will not load. Install went fine, I try to open the program, it asks me to select a profile and then it hangs at the splash screen with my entire computer and I have to hard boot it.:rant:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts