Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone tell me If i need to remove the tank to get to the harness where to plug the power commander.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
l'timbré said:
Can someone tell me If i need to remove the tank to get to the harness where to plug the power commander.

Thanks
I think I just lifted the tank up on my 929, ditto for HG's 954. There isn't much room to work in there. In fact, it's a bitch to get to. Practice plugging it into itself and especially unplugging it so you know how it works. Sounds stupid, but you have to simultaneously hold down two clip-like things in order to unplug the stock unit before plugging in the PC.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Would it be easier to just remove the tank? I take it you lift the rear of the tank (near the seat)? Sorry, same questions..

What do you guys use to "prop" the tank up? Piece of wood or something?

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
The tank unbolts from the front and tilts back towards the rear. There is a prop under the seat which has to come off as well. I Take a lonk 1/2 in extension and run it through at the back of the tank to get a little more clearance. Yes the connectors are a BIATCH. A skinny long flat screw driver helps in the removal. The plug will be located on the right side of the bike behind the TB. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Scratch said:
Would it be easier to just remove the tank? I take it you lift the rear of the tank (near the seat)? Sorry, same questions..

What do you guys use to "prop" the tank up? Piece of wood or something?
Check the knowledge base for a cool solution for holding the tank up.

·
Registered
748 Posts
abtech said:
Check the knowledge base for a cool solution for holding the tank up.
Well I looked through the KB and all I found was some pics of the tank up. One had it propped up w/ a rod (same thing I used to do on old bike) and the other was just suspended (couldn't see how), but reading further in the thread it was mentioned that you should tie off the front of the tank to the subframe..?

I'm sure I'll figure something out just wondering if someone had a better way of going about it ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am also looking into gettting a PC-III
I Checked the knowledge base but could find anything about lifting the tank. Am I losing it?

Maser

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a simple task, remove the 2 bolts from the top of the tank , use a metal bar that is located undernath you front seat, clicked on the plastic side.

Put one side of the metal bar in one of the holes where the bolts was and the other side of the metal bolt goes in the big fucking nut on the triple

wallllllllllllllllllla

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
l'timbré said:
It is a simple task, remove the 2 bolts from the top of the tank , use a metal bar that is located undernath you front seat, clicked on the plastic side.

Put one side of the metal bar in one of the holes where the bolts was and the other side of the metal bolt goes in the big fucking nut on the triple

wallllllllllllllllllla
The 929, unfortunately, does not have a bar to prop up the tank like the 954 does. I stick a piece of 2x4 under it, and I run bungee cords up to the clip ons to keep it steady. Of course, this won't work if I need to get at the airbox or sparkplugs. Then I'll either tie it up off the ceiling rafters, or give someone beer to stand there and hold it up. Beer afterwards so they don't drop it on my hands! :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I STAND CORRECTED :D The beer deal is a good one :clap:
HondaGalToo said:
The 929, unfortunately, does not have a bar to prop up the tank like the 954 does. I stick a piece of 2x4 under it, and I run bungee cords up to the clip ons to keep it steady. Of course, this won't work if I need to get at the airbox or sparkplugs. Then I'll either tie it up off the ceiling rafters, or give someone beer to stand there and hold it up. Beer afterwards so they don't drop it on my hands! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts