Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new CBR 1000RR. I am already thinking about what I have to do to increase midrange and some top hp. I am curious as to what the consensus is as to the best exhaust would be for this.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
You mean you came from an SV650 and you need more midrange already. They are suppose to be quite strong in the middle compared to earlier ones. Ok, tell us the truth, someone pulled you in a roll on, right?? Interesting for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry :welcome: to the Forum!
No stress. No foul. It's cool.

Yeah, it's because I'm coming from a grunty little SV650 that I want more midrange. We already know the top end is through the stratosphere, but I would like more grunt down low too. I also have been following the mods of other CBR 1K owners and that seems to be popular mod.

·
Registered
81 Posts
:welcome: decisions decisions :rotfl: It's all down to what you want and how much you can spend. Some have gone full system others like myself slip-ons. To get the best out of it though you'll need a power commander, I went for a Taylor Made and PC V. Can feel the difference low to mid, pulls a lot cleaner.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I can't add insight, just wanted to say welcome and request some pics of the bike. :eyebrows:

·
Banned
53 Posts
If you speak to people involved in Hondas racing like Padgetts etc, then they'll tell you that the full Arrow race system gives the best low down and mid range increase. Disadvantage is that it is as loud as hell!

Take comments like "my slip on exhaust feels like it pulls more than standard" with a pinch of salt. This is the placebo effect... i.e. trying to justify spending £500 on an end can.

Only a full exhaust system coupled together with the likes of a Power Commander will show any worthwhile gains.

Just my cynical 2p's worth

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh Incog a truely cynical view indeed. If I'd fitted a slip-on with PC V and felt no difference I would have been shouting on here "DON'T DO IT, SAVE UR MONEY" but if placebos make your arms stretch and ur bum slide then I'll have a bag full please :rotfl:
Hope getting different angles on this helps Evasive make an informed choice. I got my blade and felt a little disappointed with the low pull having just got off a ZZR1400. I missed the: hit the throttle "OMFG" as it took off ( I did have it modified ) but with the slip-on and PC V the blade now feels close to my 14. Whether or not it would match it does n't really matter cos the blade is so much more fun on the twisty stuff and now feels better lower down.

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
I just purchased a new CBR 1000RR. I am already thinking about what I have to do to increase midrange and some top hp. I am curious as to what the consensus is as to the best exhaust would be for this.
Hmmm...if you want midrange...go for a sprocket change. -1 + 2 or -1 + 1 Exhaust full or slip won't really make a big difference PLUS....it's so much cheaper to go with the sprocket change. IMO. :D - and experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the different points of view, folks. I do understand that the real performance gains will be gotten with an actual full system but I am flirting with only a slip on this time around. In fact, I actually was looking at the Taylormade combined with the PC-V for a bit there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts