Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone advise the pin size required for 929/954 Constands front lift under yoke stand?

I have done the Googling but cannot come up with a definitive answer. Have also emailed Constands, but not sure if they'll reply.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Should be 13mm , here's a good kit including various pins for different bikes

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be 13mm , here's a good kit including various pins for different bikes . . .
I have the stand already and a selection of small pins from 13 - 17mm. I didn't even bother checking on the bike because I believed it was a massive size like the later bikes. But hey, you're right, it's 13mm. Thanks!!

The 2002 SP-2 is a major hole. Do you know that size? :)

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a brilliant resource! Thanks. Not that I'll be buying a Buell or Kawasaki, but if I am ever fortunate to get an RC30 I'll know straight up that it needs a 27mm pin!! If I can't get that I suppose I'll have to settle for @IanDoohan 's red Cafe Racer!:cool:

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill give it to you right now if you deliver the 2020 1krrrrrrrrr to me 😈
You guys are getting shafted on that bike. I'm also on 1000RR.net and have learnt that the USA version will be restricted to 186 bhp and 12,000 RPM as opposed to 14,500. You might find this thread of interest:

You will also learn that the bike will be 'limited' in USA whereas here it will be a normal run - but financially out of reach for many.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,336 Posts
You guys are getting shafted on that bike. I'm also on 1000RR.net and have learnt that the USA version will be restricted to 186 bhp and 12,000 RPM as opposed to 14,500. You might find this thread of interest:

You will also learn that the bike will be 'limited' in USA whereas here it will be a normal run - but financially out of reach for many.
Everything in that thread is true (regarding Honda's attitude towards the US. Our local professional "superbike series" if you will, is powered by Yamaha and Suzuki, even the Kawi's are thin. MotoAmerica is not what the AMA Superbike Series and never will be until the united states gets serious and puts another American in MotoGP. So, that poses the question "why aren't there American riders in MotoGP?" Well, because the entire sportbike market and generation of sportbike enthusiast riders are gone. The days of bringing up a flat track racer through the ranks are gone. My personal opinion is that rise of Supermotards took a lot away from sportbikes here, and they became a much less expensive and easier series to ride. Also, for the US, a lack of full factory support here hurts tremendously. Honda is just fine winning MotoGP's with all their support going to the RC213V and the UK1k. No reason for them to toss money and machines at the US who don't have a viable series to give Honda the return on the investment.

Coming from a time when superbike riding in the US was at it's peak, I feel like we were our own worst enemy, and that Honda has never helped in that regards. Look how successful the F2, F3, and F4's were here. Your basic street "sportbike". The 600 is just about tapped out in development. In 1993, an SC28 could be had for less than 10 grand. State of the art in design and weight, absurdly popular, and CHEAP.

I've kind of gone off on a tangent here, but as a devoted GP and superbike fan, I feel that the US just doesn't care, and Honda put all its focus on dirt bikes and Goldwings. I'm pretty sure you can get a loaded Goldwing Tour for the same price as a loaded Civic Touring. How is that even reality? So here, where the sportbike blood has "bled out", no dealer in their right mind can justify ordering a new CBR1k, much less "keeping one in stock.

Honda has always been that way here. RC30, RC45, and RC51. All were basically a homologated limited edition factory roadrace bike available to those who had money. The RC51 was the exception, but also restricted in the US.

I'm not surprised in the least that the new CBR is following suit once again. The US sportbike market is a joke now. The days back when I had 8 929's lined up for pre-orders and the showroom are LONG GONE. My old dealer hasn't had a 600RR OR 1000RR on the showroom floor since 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never even seen a CBR1000RR in person newer than that, much less an SP.

Rant over :LOL:

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the history.

I firmly believe Garret Gerloff will reignite the USA presence this year, albeit in WSB: Aragon Test: Eye-catching debut for rookie Gerloff

Adventure bikes are the rage here at the moment, but unlike USA, sports enthusiasts here are not penalised by having to put up with 'compromised' product.

·
7,336 Posts
We are so narrow minded here, and the big 4 see that. That's why we never got 400cc bikes other than the FZR400. I wish to this day Honda would have given us the NC30 and NC35. But no, we get all the stupid bikes. The same thing happened in 92, when the UK got the 900RR, and we didn't until June of 92, labeled as an early release 93. We never got the 900RR as a 92, thus being a year behind, when the UK foxeye came out in 94, we didn't get it until 95. Stupid Honda, I love you though..... :LOL:

·
7,336 Posts
I thought that your rant was done Ian?? lol
More coming, stand by...................A guy like Colin Edwards who made his WSBK debut as a 21 year old showed some promise. He had come up through motocross, 250cc 2-stroke series champion in the states, then AMA National Superbikes, then WSBK, then some GP stuff (which seemed to be a disaster for him). Gerloff is 3 years older, and has a huge opportunity to get the US involved again. I don't think it's gonna be enough. Too old, (yes, at 24), too little, too late. The field of overseas riders are becoming extremely talented at an extremely young age. I know Marquez is a bad comparison, but he was in the 125 MotoGP class racing at 15. If the US wants to be competitive at the world level, we need to have "kids" on the track, not in front of the TV. :LOL:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the stand already and a selection of small pins from 13 - 17mm. I didn't even bother checking on the bike because I believed it was a massive size like the later bikes. But hey, you're right, it's 13mm. Thanks!!

The 2002 SP-2 is a major hole. Do you know that size? :)
I have to remove the front brake line Y mount bracket so the stand doesn’t damage the Y or the lines. It’s like a 7mm bolt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts