Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Treat your kitchen like a wharehouse? :rotfl:

Would've loved that tool at the kitchen I worked in though.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Now if you could send that list to the grocery store of choice and get a call when all your stuff was ready to be picked up...

Too bad I'm too lazy to start a business.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
RRWANTR said:
Just integrate it into the online grocery delivery services that are available.:thumb:
I think thats actually where it would come in handy. Otherwise all you really have is an inventory of what's in your kitchen/cupboard. As far as the shopping list it seems as if you make the list based on "ok I'm out of ________" but what about "I want some ____________." I think it would be easier to just write down your list still until it does become available to send to the online grocery service (which I bet will happen eventually).

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I went to a company party for one of my dads coworkers. Him and his wife were both engineers, no kids, immaculate house. I noticed on the insides of every food cupboard door was a computerised spread sheet of everything that was in the cabnet. They would check an item off as the used it so every shopping list you just had to grab the list and buy what was missing:thumb: Smart people are funny:rotfl:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
G-Force Junkie said:
I went to a company party for one of my dads coworkers. Him and his wife were both engineers, no kids, immaculate house. I noticed on the insides of every food cupboard door was a computerised spread sheet of everything that was in the cabnet. They would check an item off as the used it so every shopping list you just had to grab the list and buy what was missing:thumb: Smart people are funny:rotfl:
:O I am not That bad...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
matt232 said:
Seems pointless when all you have in your fridge is beer.
When I was single, I had a friend call me while I was shopping at the grocery store. He's from Trinidad, so you have to also imagine the accent.

"Where you at mon?"

"the store"

"What's in your cart?"

"Tortillas, beans..."

Interrupting "There BETTER not be more than beer and a Playboy in that cart!"

:rotfl:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have a website where you can make your grocery list online, and then access it on your palm or wap phone. It's been pretty popular and some people have been pretty inventive with it. I tried to turn it into a business one time, but the whole dot com bust insured that I couldn't get any funding. I did have the fine folks at GTE talking with me about it, but everything seemed to fizzle. The good part is, I got back all my rights to the site, and the work I did.. Of course having time to integrate the new code with the old site has been impossible, but I have it tucked away, just in case..

I guess I should look into integrating their scanner with my website. Would make building a list easy.

www.dontforgetthemilk.com
Fig

1 - 16 of 16 Posts