Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 135dB dual air horn on my blade yesterday. I foolishly plugged the air compressor in where the original horn was installed and didnt use the switch thingo included.

Once the horn was installed I pushed the button then after about a second I blew a fuse. I have unplugged the airhorn, plugged in the original horn, put a new 10A fuse in and everything works fine except the coolant temperature goes way beyond the red line. This is with the engine cold. so it is not overheating.

Any suggestions?

:idunno:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, I unplugged the coolant temp switch ( i think that's what its called). The plug that goes in the radiator and it still maxes out so that isn't busted.

Where is the sensor located exactly? I will pul her apart and follow the wire to see if it is burned out or grounded anywhere.

·
Registered
902 Posts
You might have melted the wires when you overloaded it, work your way back from the fuse box, run your fingers along the wire were they would have melted there will be a bulge if so cut and splice that will stop the short.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted to change the oil/filter tonight as well. Damn Perth. We haven't seen rain in 80 days and there was a huge storm today. Closed the airport, train stations etc etc. I do not mind riding in the rain but I am extremely happy I made it home before it started coming down.

I will have a look at it tomorrow... Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Cheers mate, I unplugged the coolant temp switch ( i think that's what its called). The plug that goes in the radiator and it still maxes out so that isn't busted.

Where is the sensor located exactly? I will pul her apart and follow the wire to see if it is burned out or grounded anywhere.
The one you want to check is at back of head by thermostat housing. That's the one that the temp. gauge reads off of.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol here is an update...

I took all the fairings off. fuel tank etc etc to find this rouge wire... I looked for ages but I could not find the problem. I turned the bike on... Obviously it was earthed somewhere. I just found every exposed metal and put some tape over it. So now it is working perfectly.

That was very anti climatic.

I will post up when my air horn is working if anyone is interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.