Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who does this guy think he is ? a bit excessive force i think !! and they wonder why they dont get any respect from the general public :thumbd:
I'm thinking the same thing. If I had been the guy on the bike, I would have asked for his ID immediately......AFTER he holstered the gun. :thumb: Then I would have asked for a UNIFORMED - MARKED officer. Sometimes these guys think they are GOD because they carry a gun.....who knows, maybe the cop is the one who caused the incident to begin with. I hope more comes out about this -

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yea defo, i thought that pulling of the gun was a last resort ! dirty harry there,doesnt seem to think so,wot was the so horrendous crime the biker could have commited for such a harsh reaction,Speeding ? jumped a light ? not much i bet !

·
Registered
246 Posts
As an HGV driver for the past 20 yrs,i have had many a run in with cops,mostly the traffic kind,and i hate these type of guys,not only do they think theyre GOD,they think they ARE the Law,and i always say to them,when they put the uniform on,they are only there to uphold and represent the law ! doesnt make them THE law !!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing. If I had been the guy on the bike, I would have asked for his ID immediately......AFTER he holstered the gun. :thumb: Then I would have asked for a UNIFORMED - MARKED officer. Sometimes these guys think they are GOD because they carry a gun.....who knows, maybe the cop is the one who caused the incident to begin with. I hope more comes out about this -
You'll notice in the longer video Loopy posted, there was a uniformed officer on scene right after the unmarked . This guys was acting nervous, it seemed obvious that he knew they were tailing him. He wasn't willing to conform until he seen the gun. Give the officer a break, he never pointed it at the rider(squid). Wheelying on a crowded interstate.
No respect for the rider from me.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yeah, I think he should have reached for his badge instead, but I don't know enough about the situation. On the first video, it looks like a regular citizen about to rob the rider. Nothing identifies the man in the Malibu as a police officer.
You'll notice the rider passing the marked car sitting in the median. After that, he kept looking back and in his mirror. He was intentionally trying the shake the pursuing officer(s).
I almost got motion sick watching the video because of his head bobbing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You'll notice in the longer video Loopy posted, there was a uniformed officer on scene right after the unmarked . This guys was acting nervous, it seemed obvious that he knew they were tailing him. He wasn't willing to conform until he seen the gun. Give the officer a break, he never pointed it at the rider(squid). Wheelying on a crowded interstate.
i agree that the rider is an idiot, but an un-uniformed officer stepping out with a gun and no badge, hell no. Talk about a recipe for disaster

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hence the reason I said I was RESERVING JUDGEMENT on the situation until I hear or see MORE.....:rolleyes:

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Tuffy, I wasn't challenging your thoughts, just pointing out something I noticed. :thumb:
No problem - :D

I have NOW SEEN Loopy's video and I am now going to "judge" the situation. First of all, the dude was a moron for pulling the wheelie stunts. He was speeding as well. HOWEVER - the cop (in my opinion) was FAR worse. In fact, he should probably be reprimanded over this. You should NEVER go chasing after someone in an UNMARKED car - especially that piece of sh** the "cop" was driving. If I were the guy on the bike - I would RUN LIKE A BANDIT from an unmarked car chasing after me. I guarantee that! Then, he whips out of the car and pulls his gun...nice. Wasn't he speeding to catch the bike? Was he being unsafe - YEP. Was he endangering lives? YEP. So...he gets a ticket too? UN FU**ING LIKELY. :rant:

I also want to add that I have friends and family that are in law enforcement - from local police to the FBI. So...I am NOT an enemy of the police. I am a supporter. But...they are no different from us and the law is the law. What's good for the goose......

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.