1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better?
More comfortable?
Better value?
Anyone know of head to head(so to speak) comparo floating around anywhere?

Thanks.

J

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mornin'
I'd love test both out, but as I doubt that is feasible, I will have to trust the opinions of those who have used both/either. Thanks.

J

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True,
But...if I had never tried sushi and I felt you were a reliable source, your opinions 'could' influence me to try it. As I cannot test both seats, I will research them before deciding ,I already believe both will be an improvement over the stock piece of board, and I am beginning my research here.

J

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bought a Sargent a couple of months ago. I is just as hard as the OEM seat, but flatter and alot more comfortable. I can ride for longer periods without getting sore. As for the corbin I have never ridden on one of those. So my opinion is I like is I like the Sargent but it's not as comfortable as a Suzuki gel seat (which I have ridden on).

·
Registered
551 Posts
ConqSoft : I could describe in great detail how much I like sushi, but that doesn't mean you're going to like it when you eat it.  
Mmmmmmm....I LOVE SUSHI!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have always had Corbin, but there are people here that swear by Sargents and I have a buddy that likes his. So I'm guessing you really cant go wrong either way. I think Sargents is a much better company customer service wise than Corbin. If it wasn't for the fact that Corbin makes IMO a great seat, I wouldn't buy sh!t from them cause they are a horrible company to have to deal with. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welp. Thanks for the reminder folks. Since I couldn't afford to go to the Jennings track day, I just consoled myself by ordering the Sargent. I need that more for my kind of riding anyway.

Dan

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
krash954 : I have always had Corbin, but there are people here that swear by Sargents and I have a buddy that likes his. So I'm guessing you really cant go wrong either way. I think Sargents is a much better company customer service wise than Corbin. If it wasn't for the fact that Corbin makes IMO a great seat, I wouldn't buy sh!t from them cause they are a horrible company to have to deal with. My 2 cents.
That last statement is a proven FACT!

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've got a Corbin. Haven't had much trouble with their customer service. But, I haven't had to deal with them a whole lot. I ordered, it showed up on my doorstep, end of story. The corbin tends to have a bit of a hump at the front were the tank meets the seat. I like to ride up close to the tank so I end up sitting up on it. If your taller (I'm 5'10'), the seat will fit you even better since you can sit back were your suppose to. I just switched seats out for the Track day and had forgotten how much heavier the Corbin is than the stock one. Stock seat felt like a feather after holding the Corbin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts