Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They've taken March madness. All is lost!
Hurry and get your lifesaving toilet paper before it's all gone!
Also, mortality rate for those 50-59 is 1.5%. those under 50 drops to 0.3%.
Those of any age with no preexisting conditions is 0.9%.
89% of patients have mild symptoms, and that's just for those tested. Think of how many people had/have mild symptoms and don't get tested.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
You might be fortunate that you're able to keep working. In UK, many companies have put staff off or have reduced operating hours. A few business on tight cashflow have gone under already. Worst is yet to come.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,562 Posts
You might be fortunate that you're able to keep working. In UK, many companies have put staff off or have reduced operating hours. A few business on tight cashflow have gone under already. Worst is yet to come.
100% right on Nigel.

The ramifications from the bans and restrictions are going to FAR outlast the stupid virus. I just had to pick up my son from University because the NCAA just canceled EVERYTHING from March Madness to all collegiate spring sports and banned the kids from campus for 2 weeks (or indefinitely). No College World Series, no practices, no meetings, and the seniors that had a chance to get drafted after devoting 4 years of their lives to athletics are left holding a bag with with nothing in it. I can't even begin to write how upset I am over this media driven, political agenda, mass hysteria BS! Get sick, treat symptoms, recover in time, and move on. It amazes me how our simple lives are controlled by things like this.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep in mind, most of the <150,000 global cases are in countries with subpar healthcare systems.

Mortality rate 50-59 years old: 1.3%
Mortality rate under 50: 0.3%
Mortality rate of any age with no preexisting conditions: 0.9%

89% of known cases reported as mild to extremely mild symptoms.

This is literally the cold. It's no worse.
It's sad them media is inciting panic. The WHO isn't helping at all by declaring something with very few infections, relative to other "outbreaks" a pandemic. Remember how much quarantine there was for H1N1? Yeah. 0 in the us. Deaths? 18k globally

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I am beginning to question the authenticy of some stats. Iran has reported 97 Coronavirus-related deaths over the past 24 hours. My point is that how many of those have passed away from other conditions, but put down to Covid-19? I guess that could be said for stats anywhere in the world because UK has just seen massive rises over the past 48 hours.

Far from speaking out of turn, might it now be 'fashionable' to boast Coronavirus stats?

Edited to suggest this thread be re titled as 'Coronavirus impact on 'MotoGP 2020'.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was actually going to just start a coronavirus thread since we hijacked this one.

Iran also had a bunch of deaths because of a fake cure so they could wholesale ban alcohol. They added those to the coronavirus totals.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stop stealing iandoohan's thread. Post your thoughts here.

What's your state/country doing?
How's it impact you?
Are you scared?
Are you annoyed?

Should we just get on with it already?

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
I've never had the Flu, if I get a cold it only lasts a couple of days, guess I'm one of the at risk people because I'm 67, or so it seems , I still run and do weights , and a lot fitter than some of the people I know half my age, so bring it on😊

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
UK will 'lockdown' very shortly.

As mentioned in another thread, I was booked for Sicily hold in May. Given that FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) has said no travel to Italy until Dec 31st, I have already initiated cancellation. Heathrow Airport Parking refunded with no issue. Alitalia Airlines is both ignoring and fobbing off, as is accommodation in Sicily half paid through Booking dot com, a company I will NEVER again deal with. Masters of misinformation and fobbing off)

I have travel insurance purchased last July and have already referred claim to them.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well now the kids school has been closed "indefinitely" and the wife's as well. I hope teachers still get paid.
A lunch lady in her 60s from a nearby district tested positive after being hospitalized on the 11th. She said she's had symptoms since the 3rd and worked until the day she went into the hospital. So shes been in contact with all those kids for a week, all those parents have been exposed to those kids, all those parents ran to the store buying toilet paper and infected all other people at the store. Guess it pays not to panic

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
. . . A lunch lady in her 60s from a nearby district tested positive after being hospitalized on the 11th. She said she's had symptoms since the 3rd and worked until the day she went into the hospital. So shes been in contact with all those kids for a week, all those parents have been exposed to those kids, all those parents ran to the store buying toilet paper and infected all other people at the store. . .
Well, that clearly explains my point about the huge rise in stats. The multiplication effect can be mind-boggling. The big problem with this, and most viruses, is the incubation period in that we don't know we have it until it's too late and have already passed it on around the community as illustrated here.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,562 Posts
Connecticut schools now closed through 3-31-20. Gatherings of 250 people or more are banned. Mandatory 180 day school year rescinded (school to go to June 30th and that's it).

It's gonna get worse, not from the virus, but from the dysfunction of society brought on by the domino effect of the mass hysteria and lack of any type of provisional education planning.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Preventative measures are not only aimed at the Individual, but also at who they might transfer it to, where the risk is much higher .....
Which makes this strategy, directionally sensible:

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Holy shit. I'm only a couple of years off 'wartime quarantine'. I hope they find a vaccine/antidote by June 2022!!:eek::)

Will have to leave a few bikes to someone. Ian's got dibs on a couple, but I'm not having 'shipping' come out of my estate!! :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Holy shit. I'm only a couple of years off 'wartime quarantine'. I hope they find a vaccine/antidote by June 2022!!:eek::)
Take wartime quarantining seriously:
  • Wear a hoody & dark glasses, fill all of your Jerry cans with fuel from petrol stations where you can pay at the pump.
  • Wear leathers & helmet, while riding one of your fabulous motorcycles.
And, for goodness sake: Do not fall off, please Nigel !

·
Registered
405 Posts
UK will 'lockdown' very shortly.

As mentioned in another thread, I was booked for Sicily hold in May.
I was booked for Spain end of this month, Spain has declared tight restrictions; for 2 weeks from today (my guess is that it will be longer), so my flights have been cancelled.

I'm good with that: we do need to minimise the spread to the highly vulnerable.

This is very tricky: "Spain’s 47 million citizens had another concern, too, one that has echoed across the West: how to balance democratic values and practices while trying to change people’s behavior to safeguard their health."

It must be tough to be responsible for what we need to do: "Half" the population think we are over-reacting, the other "half" believe we are under-reacting. Particularly difficult given the pace of developments.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts