Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
405,000 people answer government’s call to arms to help NHS in coronavirus fight
More than 405,000 people have volunteered to help the NHS in the fight against coronavirus.
Yesterday, the government said it needed 250,000 people to help those most at risk from Covid-19.
But today, the Prime Minister revealed a staggering number of kind-hearted people had answered the call to arms.
In the space of 24 hours, a population the size of Coventry have volunteered.

I've not heard anything but positive comments about this initiative.

·
Registered
112 Posts
In Sweden we still don´t have quarantine and we will see in future what is right and what is wrong.
Some huge crisis package from government to small and medium businesses.
Otherwise life going on but many people work from home.
I have had home office for last 11 years so i am used to it already.
Normally i am out visiting customers daily which is put on hold so spend a little more time home.
But now weather is starting to be good with around +12 degrees and clear blue sky so i skip lunch and take a ride instead :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
...... we will see in future what is right and what is wrong.
Agreed, Stonemountain. It must be very tough to be having to make these decisions, now.

This is worth keeping an eye on, with daily updates: Coronavirus Update (Live): 486,948 Cases and 22,025 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

I feel for Italy, and am hoping that the "new cases" is indicating that they are on the path to controlling contagion:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
You do with the data what you think is best. I've got 3 young kids, either we've already got it or we're immune.

·
Registered
423 Posts
US now has the most cases, over both China and Italy. I'm screwed..........

I'm using columns 9 & 10, the "per million population" columns to assess current Scale & Risk, Ian.

Bearing in mind that we are still on the way up the slope, this not having peaked yet ...... If we assume that the "Serious/Critical" column number requires hospital care, then the UK is at 163, and we are preparing for a lot of additional emergency beds (initially 500 up to 4,000 at the Dome in London, plus more elsewhere).

·
Registered
423 Posts
Our Prime Minister and Health Minister have tested positive and are self isolated, working from home and our Chief Medical Officer is self isolating with symptoms .....

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,636 Posts
You do with the data what you think is best. I've got 3 young kids, either we've already got it or we're immune.
I have to work, and so does my wife, thankfully she is only doing half days. BUT, she's diabetic, so a high risk for catching it. I have a 15 year old and an 18 year old who have pretty much been quarantined here for 2 weeks. My 18 year old, just prior to the NY, NJ, CT travel ban to Florida happened jumped on a plane and spent 5 days down there. He's back, and if he hasn't brought anything with him we'll all be lucky. If the virus doesn't get him, I may kill him for leaving and taking no regard for his family ;)

I like that, "either we've already got it or we're immune" :LOL: Lets hope for the latter.

Stay healthy friends

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
The whole world is nearly at a standstill - aside from health service workers.

My local paper this week had only one page of homes for sale, whereas it's usually a 24-page supplement. eBay is attracting very few new bike listings (other than scam ads). Obviously if people can't get out there won't be any of these major transactions. Will have a major, hidden, impact on those whose income is heavily commission-based.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
On this note, it could be a disastrous time to be a landlord. With many tenants receiving, or yet to receive, their 80% of income, that will see making rent payments even more difficult. Sure, there is an amnesty from most banks on mortgage repayments, but in the long-term picture, they might well be a glut of properties for sale near the end of the year.

In similar vein, this must surely affect new/used car sales in that those who were considering a new purchase will now be thinking seriously of putting it on hold. I think it might take the 'positive' people to start spending once the lockdown is over to jump start the economy. First call for me will be the hairdresser. Not a major expense, but putting money in tills!

·
Registered
423 Posts
The whole world is nearly at a standstill - aside from health service workers.

Of a World Population of 7.8Bn: "At least three billion people (38% Duncan893) across 41 countries face some form of restriction, such as being urged to work from home, with more than 1.5 billion (19% Duncan893) under stringent lockdown".

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,636 Posts
The financial impact on small business and the middle class will be crushing, stimulus or not.

I’m thankful I get to work through this, but even my work has seen a MAJOR turn from from steady to almost nil. That is a weird feeling. Judging by the leap in cases in the tri state area, if we’re on lockdown for another 2 weeks I don’t see how the small business will recover. Everyone has spent their money on paper towels an TP. No more money to buy take out or get the hair cut.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I've got a townhouse I'm putting in the market in July. I hope this is over so the housing market picks up then

61 - 80 of 86 Posts