Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of purchasing a wrecked 929 from one of my buddies for a track bike; and just noticed the bottom of the engine right underneath the radiator where it mounts to the frame has a large crack/hole in it...:eek:

What does an engine for a 929 normally go for? :idunno:

Also...would it be possible/good idea to just buy an engine that has either a) been blown up or b) has large number of miles on it and just replace the part of the engine that is cracked on my buddies relatively good engine?
I dunno what you guys think...need some advice.

I ALSO HAVE PICTURES IF NEEDED :huh:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Go 954

G,

If you gotta buy an engine I would get the 954 engine.. It should fit the frame and electricals should not be too much different than the 929. Do a google search on "929 954 swap" and you will get some articles on those who have done it!!

Plus the cost of used 929 engine can't be too much diff than a used 954 engine.

Just a thought.

YellRR

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn they really cost that much huh....crap; i dont think i can afford that right now. does anyone see blown engines or really high mileage engines for sale goin for less than that? :idunno: or is that a RARE occurance? i need some input because as of now i dont think ill be purchasin the bike if thats what ill need to spend on an engine

·
Registered
169 Posts
929 motor

I have one that needs a cyclinder head..i'll sell it for $600.00

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
If you're looking for a motor and are willing to pay to ship, I have one. Almost complete, but missing the water pump, and the alternator case is cracked.

I bought it as a wrecked bike for spares while I was racing my 929, and I needed the water pump for my bike. The case was cracked in the original crash that totalled the bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,
My husband has a 2001 929 he wrecked at the Jennings track. The only thing it really effected was the frame being bent. He since has bought 2 new bikes and has forgotten to fix, sell etc the 929. The engine is perfect and can be shipped, there are several other items if interested. He averaged 129 track time at Jennings the bike has a perfect engine in addition to:

Brand new Vortex sprocket
Gold racing chain - used once (when he wrecked)
520 Conversion
K and N filter
Power commander
Leo Vince titanium exhaust
The motorcycle has always been garage kept my husband is in his 40's (hehe) so has only raced on the track with the bike.

to name a few things. If you or anyone else is interested please let me know. We live in Tampa he often travels to Jennings track.
Gosh, what else does he have I can try to get rid of?.... A CJ-7 Jeep? lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont suppose anyone has another 929 engine to be rid of do they? Ive got a 929 that could use a new engine, high sided it and cracked the crank case, lower connecting rods and clutch assembly, so i really could use another engine...or does anyone want a parts bike? Frame sliders spared the plastics pretty well....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't know if your still lookiing for a 929 motor but i have an extra one. It just needs to be cleaned up, a stator and put back together.:idunno:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Why not make a thread in the Wanted section? Or have a look in the Forsale section - this thread was made in 2005, doubt half the people in this thread are still around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts