Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 900rr with 65,000 km's on it and the engine has given up the ghost. There's fairly low compression on 2 cylinders and lowest one is down to 60 psi.

So...... does anyone know the round about cost of parts to do a complete rebuild? Rings, gaskets, timing chain, etc? And where would be the cheapest place to order the parts from?

Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
sledneck800 said:
I have a 93 900rr with 65,000 km's on it and the engine has given up the ghost. There's fairly low compression on 2 cylinders and lowest one is down to 60 psi.
So...... does anyone know the round about cost of parts to do a complete rebuild? Rings, gaskets, timing chain, etc? And where would be the cheapest place to order the parts from?
Thanks
65,000 kms, thats approx 40,000miles....and you need a complete rebuild? Must have had a hard life.

Cheapest and best place to buy parts is Ron Ayers Motorsports - Discount Motorcycle Parts.

Are you going to do the rebuild yourself? These pesky CBR900RRs don't have the cylinders separate from the crankcases so you have to strip the whole damn bottom end just to fit new rings etc. A lot of work if you do it yourself, and probabaly cost prohibitive if you take it to a shop. :idunno:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
SilverBullet said:
It will cost you more than the bike is worth!
Come on Silver, it's not that bad.

If you do a rebuild you will need to at least have the cylinders rehoned if you have lost compression. I would just overbore the cylinders, the cost will be about the same if you go back stock.

For the best prices on performance parts check with CBR ZONE which is APE - World's Fastest Motorcycle Racing Components .

If you go back stock just use Ron Ayers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know of a place that has lots of scraped bikes where may be able to find a strong running engine for a fair price? Preferably in canada?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts