Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an official release date for the new liter bike? And Does any body have an idea when the magizines will get a hold of them. I'm tired of wondering about the specs.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
From what I heard from the dealer - they are not likely to be seen in a shop window before may next year. s for the journos getting hold of them proper (not just the 'official launch') that'll be about then too... Just remember how long the 600RR took to make it to the dealerships...

Z...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Zeeman : Just remember how long the 600RR took to make it to the dealerships...

Z...
Honda clearly dropped the ball with the arrival and then delayed delivery of the 600rr. i would hope they do not make the same errors with the release and delivery of the 1000rr.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Saw the 1000 up close at Daytona. The ram-air is not real!!!! Everything else looks good except the gear shifter. It is just like the 600rr so it will be difficult or expensive to change to GP shift.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Diesel954 : Saw the 1000 up close at Daytona. The ram-air is not real!!!!
WHAT!?!? You mean like on the OLD F2??!?! You gotta be kidding. You must be.. is ram-air snake-oil or is Honda just not widdit? Does it AT LEAST have cool-air inlets?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Diesel954 : Everything else looks good except the gear shifter. It is just like the 600rr so it will be difficult or expensive to change to GP shift.
I sure hope that doesn't turn out to be the case...  

No GP shift = No 1000RR for me.    

Having said that, a friend has a 600RR with GP shift.  Very easy --  just flip the bracket at the shaft.  It rides close to a hose, but works just fine.  Better yet, it was even less $$ to switch than the 954.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Diesel954 : Saw the 1000 up close at Daytona. The ram-air is not real!!!!
To expound on this:
The side 'intake vents' that appear to be 'ram air' are in fact just air vents, apparently designed to cool the rider (or perhaps to reduce air turbulence?). The bike reportedly DOES have a cold air intake; however, word is that it's under the headlight, so you can infer that Honda either felt it wasn't necessary to optimize the placement of the air intake, or they didn't do it because cooling the rider was more important...(?)

·
Registered
102 Posts
The 1000RR's will not be ordered until the end of this week. Either Friday the 24th or early next week. Some dealers may order earlier or at different dates, but for us on the West Coast, Friday is the ORDER date for CBR100RR's. Delivery is TENTATIVE; March/April. Yamaha R1's have been on order for over 6weeks, tentative delivery for FEB/04. It is possible that all the manufactures with new bikes will be late on delivery for 2004.
Sugoi8

1 - 20 of 26 Posts