Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a prospective RC and was curious... Are the brake pads the same on the RR and the RC? And can someone run out and measure their braided front brake lines and their rear? Im thinking of swapping them if this deal pans out.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I think the honda P/N is different, but I do know the EBC pads I used on the 929 were the same as the ones on the RC51. As for the line lengths, it can't be that much difference in the two, but I could be wrong...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
It needs to be taken to computrack and get checked out man. I've seen clean used RC's with little mileage for $7k. Be careful man, you might want to hold off if you really want to keep it that long. If I wanted one long term, I'd get one that wasn't phugged up. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
booth23 said:
It needs to be taken to computrack and get checked out man. I've seen clean used RC's with little mileage for $7k. Be careful man, you might want to hold off if you really want to keep it that long. If I wanted one long term, I'd get one that wasn't phugged up. Good luck either way.
what he said... I don't know what that salvage one is going for, but chances are, a non-salvage one in tip top old man ridden (sorry abtech) shape can be had for just as cheap...

·
Registered
737 Posts
booth23 said:
Yep, I agree. If this is gonna be a long termer, I'd make sure sure you start out w/a good one. As for the lines, I don't know the length off hand. However, I just bought front/rear Goodridge lines for mine.

:thumb:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Be careful. I wouldn't want to commit to purchasing it until it was thorughly checked out. Hairline cracks in frames (not to mention tweaked) or other hidden damage could turn a good deal into a nightmare. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'd hate to hear you regretted the buy later... :)

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I paid 6K for mine and sold the extra set of wheels for 500 bucks the following weekend. Mine came with Arrow pipes, Penske shock (for sale BTW), PC11, Rearsets, clipons, lap timer, spare slicks, flapper/rev limiter mod, bodywork etc. It is a 00 model, but I was looking for a racer, not a street bike.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
NinerPilot, if you can scrape up $7500 plus shipping, mine is all yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts