Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a patch of loose gravel today and layed my baby down. I have minor damage to the bike (i.e. scraped/cracked alternator cover and toasted frame sliders. Just installed flush mount turn signals or I would be replacing them too), but I have just a quick question for the masses. When you do ( hopefully none of you never do) crack this alternator cover, is oil supposed to leak out? Or do I have a bigger problem on my hands then I realize? Any Info would be helpful.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well hopefully you can just change the cover and call it a day. Now when that happened to me, I thought it was just the cover and then I looked at the block itself, and the block was cracked. So just take the cover off, and take a look at the bottom of the block and make sure theres not cracks or anything. And if no cracks, get a new cover and gasket, and your good to go! Good Luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Abuddha, I took the cover off and inspected the bottom of the block where it attaches to the cover and there are not visible cracks. I've ordered the cover and new frame sliders and we should be up and running by Wednsday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts