Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I've had my new CBR for a week now, and just noticed the left middle cowl is cracked where the front signal light is attached. I only rode it last weekend and parked it until today. I assume it was cracked while in the crate. My dealer is ordering another panel in without much fuss, but I seem to remember reading about cracked plastic on newer bikes, but can't find it. Was this one of the problem areas? I'd like to hand them something in print about others having similar problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Btw, the last 6 digits of the VIN on my bike is 100010. Thought that was pretty cool! :) CBR "1000". Perfect "10". :thumb:

Tim

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I had some replaced as well...kinda sucks but oh well, I have also had some of the lovely paint scratching that is becoming notorious on the plastic tanked bikes...which really sucks, other than that I love my bike :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed that too about the scratches. Even more so after going over the bike with a fine tooth comb after finding the one crack. This clear coat is crap, and it's only 7 days old! :crap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts