Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about decided that the upper cowl stay on my 2000 929 must be bent. The front fairing seems a bit close to the instrument cluster, and more importantly if I turn the front fork all the way right it switches my hi/lo beam switch as it makes contact. Obviously this isn't correct, but does anyone have a good photo of how much room should be under the windshield/cowl when all is right with the world?

·
Registered
154 Posts
if you have aftermarket clipons, just rotate the light switch control so the upper fairing doesn't hit the switch. If you have stock clipons you'll need to unscrew the contol and cut down the small tab that goes into a hole on the clipon. Once that is gone you can rotate your switch about the clipon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. I have the stock clipons so I'll have grind if I want to go that route. This doesn't seem like expected behavior however. It may be the cheap aftermarket fairings, but is the top of the windshield normally very close to begin with?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good point. I have the stock clipons so I'll have grind if I want to go that route. This doesn't seem like expected behavior however. It may be the cheap aftermarket fairings, but is the top of the windshield normally very close to begin with?
yup that's normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts