Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Can anyone tell me what the measurements are to make my own frame crash bungs? I am working away for a month and the machinist has plenty Delrin rod (50mm) but i don't know length? Any help greatly appreciated. It is a 2000 Blade 929.
thanks, Niall

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi
Can anyone tell me what the measurements are to make my own frame crash bungs? I am working away for a month and the machinist has plenty Delrin rod (50mm) but i don't know length? Any help greatly appreciated. It is a 2000 Blade 929.
thanks, Niall

It depends on how long you prefer them to be.
I made mine 80mm long and drilled holes through them for tie-downs to attach to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bladeracer. I am not sure but i guess as short as i can get away with whilst remaining proud of bodywork? 80mm it is then and i see there are recesses for the bolt heads nearside being deeper. couldn't just be easy and make two the same of course...!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
thanks bladeracer. I am not sure but i guess as short as i can get away with whilst remaining proud of bodywork? 80mm it is then and i see there are recesses for the bolt heads nearside being deeper. couldn't just be easy and make two the same of course...!

At some they would be too short so the plastics would still drag over any lumps in the road, but too long and they become a lever that breaks the engine mount. Mine miss the curbs at the track by about two inches so I wouldn't want them to be any longer.
Yes, each side is different and requires different bolt lengths.
You require steel or aluminium spacers as well as you can't tighten the bolts down on the nylon itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts