Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my three week old 2007 1000rr is now out of service. i cant beleive it. i was cut off by a car and ended up T-boning it. i flew over the roof and landed on the ground. at least i was ok. but as for my bike, its kinda bad. and i have to fix it myself seing my dumb ass only put liability on it and somehow this was my fault. anyone know what this will cost......
front headlights and assembly
front cowl
left fairing
wind screen
bracket that holds everything snapped off frame therefore i need bracket and mounts welded to frame
guage cluster face is all cracked

ok im going to work hopefully i can get some advise here when i get home
thanks everyone

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
No ****, were you speeding beyond all control? I don't get how you TBoning someone would be your fault!! I would start with that fight right there.
Sorry to hear about your bike but at least you were able to get up and dust yourself off.

·
Registered
757 Posts
in every state i've lived in, fault is attributed to the person whose front end is hit. Theory being they should have seen what was in front of them and avoided it. :idunno:

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
seems like if you t bone them unless you run a light or stop sigh its not your fault

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Fishm88 n all,
Recently lowsided my 05 1000rr totally my fault going into a blind bend not knowing how sharp it was or what might be round the corner and thinking could get round faster than my mate in front :nono: turns out it’s a hairpin,:crying: ****ed myself and fistful of front brake, rest is history (lucky there was no bikes or cages coming the other wayat the time ( about 5 minutes later, around 90 lamberetas, vespa's etc came round the corner the other way to see me and wrecked blade:mad: ever wanted to hide?)

Was able to get up and walk away, made me take good long look at my riding attitude and road sense,

Damage to me, severe bruising and sprains, but nothing broken, torn leathers, wrecked helmet and gloves, looks like they did their job.

Bike parts from Honda UK were amazingly reasonable and colour match spot on from the colour code sticker under rear seat cowl.

Top cowl £173, upper mid cowl L/H £158, lower L/H cowl £196, rear seat cowl £154 plus clutch lever, indicator and few other items, all fitted myself to keep it real, total was around £900, far less than at first thought, still an expensive lesson…..which could have been far worse.

Good luck with the repairs :rotfl:

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
So when you did this, were you down by the beach in your flip flops trying to get the ladies to check you out, is this perhaps what drew your attention away from the road and maybe even why it was deemed your fault?

·
Registered
263 Posts
for the headlight retail is $344, Upper Cowl $343, Mid Cowl $427, Upper Stay $101, Meter cover $87, and your can get an aftermarket windscreen for less than $80. Hope this helps alittle, these are all straight retail so you can find them cheaper than this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea im ok, just scratched up and pissed off. the bike only has 300 miles on it. i was wearing jeans, a sweatshirt, a helmet and gloves. i was close to the beach but i wasnt actually going their i was coming home from work. The reason it was my fault was because there was a truck stopped to take a left, and when i went around him a car turned making a left from the opposing direction. me and her had no way to see eachother because of the size of the truck. when i saw her i almost stopped but when i hit i decided i be better off if i jumped off. so i jumped off and the nose hit the car. it was determined my fault because your not allowed to pass on the right, weather a car is stopped to turn or not. sucks but at least im ok.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
that makes a little more sense as to why its your fault. Bum deal. Hope you get your ride back up and running soon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts