Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys are running CRG brake and clutch levers on your 954? I thought I read that some of you guys are running them, but I did a search and I couldn't get anything on them.

I called Dan Kyle to order the levers and he said that they only carried the brake lever and not the clutch lever for the 954. Sounds weird to me??? The thought of only running one side would freak me out. It would bug me to no end to have two different levers!!! Maybe it's just me?

Would the 929 levers work on the 954? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rick

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I'm running CRG levers on the RC, no problems. We had to add some magnetic tape to trip the switch (so it can start with the clutch pulled in), other than that they are a great improvement over stock.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got em on the 929, both sides. Love them though they are a penny. I had bought the clutch side from AZMotorsports originally but they were a sh**ty place to deal with. I bought the clutch side to help with lack of strength in the left hand after smashing it up from a wreck. That and the clutch lever was gone anyway.

Some time ago I smashed up my right hand and considered it a good excuse to get the brake side from DK.

Both fit great. Drop right in. No wrangling or shims. I called CRG (831-763-7811) to find out who else carries their controls and they refered me to DK for the brake side. They were helpful. LP probably still carries both levers as well though DK was cheaper and a better and faster company to deal with.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, after calling CRG and a few other place, it looks like I might have solved my problem. It looks like I'm going to change out the mounting bracket on my 954 to the 929 bracket. So, i'll be running the 954 brake levers and 929 clutch lever, since CRG doesn't make a 954 clutch lever.

Rick

·
Registered
397 Posts
K9inAZ said:
Well, after calling CRG and a few other place, it looks like I might have solved my problem. It looks like I'm going to change out the mounting bracket on my 954 to the 929 bracket. So, i'll be running the 954 brake levers and 929 clutch lever, since CRG doesn't make a 954 clutch lever.

Rick
Originally posted by Booth23 I'm running CRG levers on the RC, no problems. _We had to add some magnetic tape to trip the switch (so it can start with the clutch pulled in), other than that they are a great improvement over stock.
:huh: Don't these bikes (RC and 954) share this hardware?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
The RC has a hydraulic clutch with a master cylinder built into the lever, so no they don't share the same hardware . . .

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
abtech said:
The RC has a hydraulic clutch with a master cylinder built into the lever, so no they don't share the same hardware . . .
Yup. That probably means also, that the current RC CRG levers should fit/swap with the new CBR1k's levers :highclap:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CRG levers:

Rick

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I stole this of another site;

The miniature “clicker” lever controls a roller cam assembly, giving riders the ability to manipulate between 6 different lever positions while riding. Brake fade and clutch adjustments can be tuned in with the flick of a finger. Constructed from CNC machined, solid billet aluminum, sealed bearings, and stainless steel hardware making them stronger then stock units.

I also heard they give you a better feedback, setup to give more leverage with less force (IE: one finger braking) and positioned better.

They also raise you and your bike's "Bling" factor! :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: Another reason is I still have to spend some raffle money.

Rick

·
Registered
82 Posts
I remember a couple of years ago wanting a pair so bad. I saw them on an RSV R up at Alices Restaurant. I grilled the guy all about them and ended up getting CRG's number from him. At that point they didn't make a set for the 929 and they told me they didn't know if they were gonna. I persistantly contacted them and finally not to long ago they became available.
I got a grey set for my Erion. Surprising how many people notice them and stop and ask me about them. Awesome quality and very adjustable, well worth the pretty penny I dropped.
Justin:D

·
Registered
272 Posts
OK I am sold....

Next mods for Nadine...

Throttlemeisters...and a set of these Levers.

Then I can be king of the bling!!! Maybe make PETE proud of me again...:cool2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Throttlemeisters are awesome. My dad has a bunch of those on mosy of his BMW's and they work great. He just ordered the small polished ones for his Mille R too. A def mod once my broke student a$$ gets some money. They work great on long rides, especially taking the preasure off your throttle hand.
Justin

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm also considering this mod as well....

Anyone know if the 600RR shares the same clutch lever as the 54?

Also, anyone using the stubby clutch? or does everyone just use the standard break-away version.

TIA!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm using the stubby clutch and brake levers. I installed the brake lever and the feel is much improved. The new lever has a little more leverage, so less effort is needed.

I'm still waiting on my 929 clutch lever perch to get to the house. I'll post pictures, when I get the perch and install the lever.

Rick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts