Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's the dead of winter and I've got the itch. I sold my Vulcan last summer so I'm down to just the 'blade and VFR800. I'm looking to get another cruiser and wondering what other folks have tried.
I liked the Vulcan and would absolutely get a bigger one. I've also spent time on an Valkyrie and that was a nice ride. I think i prefer the skinny front wheel though. I was thinking about maybe looking for a Fury or Stryker. I've got an uncle who paints hot rods and he said he'd do a bike for me after i got back from Iraq. Well here we are 14 years later and I think I'm ready to get the bike for it so I kind of want a hard bagger to make it look great.

Anywho, what cruisers do you folks have / have had?

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Heck, you won't get any help from me. I'll be going from fairings and clip ons direct to a mobility scooter!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Every sport bike rider says that until they try it. A cruiser is so freaking fun, especially if you ride it like you stole it...

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Every sport bike rider says that until they try it. A cruiser is so freaking fun, especially if you ride it like you stole it...
Nup. I'd have to grow a beard!!:D

Do agree with you to a certain extent though. I have a CBR500R with 'above the yoke' bars and do like the more relaxed riding position. BUT, I try to not ride it as much so I do not become a convert! But if I did, as a true enthusiast, I sure can appreciate something like this:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
LOL, I used to say the same thing. I bought a roadstar 1600 to repair and sell for a profit. I had to ride it to make sure all repairs were done correctly. I bought the bike for $1000 and six months later sold it for $3000 and six month later I bought another one and can't ever consider not having a cruiser and a sport bike in my life. If push comes to shove, and have to get rid of one, the crotch rocket will go. Not because I like the cruiser more, just because it's the adult thing to do. My back would thank me, my license would thank me and my bones and skin would thank me.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
To me a sport bike is like that flirtaious sexy model looking girl you get with. She doesn't cook or clean so a lot of your needs as a man is not met. You get into bar fights because of her, but the sex and the feeling she gives you when in public makes it feel all worth it. Now the cruiser is like that big girl you never really noticed. You start hanging with her and realize she mad cool. You start dating her and now you have food on the table and the house is clean. No one is really looking at her like that so no more bar fights. If you use your imagination the sex becomes even really good. After a while you realize a big girl is really cool and you love her for who she is.

Thinking about it, this may not be the best analogy because in real life I still ended up marrying the sexy woman.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Fair enough analogies, and I can surely relate to them.

For me though, I like surprises.

Perhaps I could respectfully say I like the Caitlin Jenner type of bike. You jump on to it without really knowing how it's going to ride. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts