Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A ride to Bear Mt NY is happening 9-20-15. Riders coming in from as far away as 3-4 hours. Seems as though a few members will be meeting there ( as of now at about 10am) for a ride around the park, Mt, and surrounding area. Nothing earth shattering, but the more members to meet up I guess the better. As we get closer, the time etc will get ironed out, with maybe some type of agenda:idunno:

Post up if interested!!!!

Pic courtesy of UNslow1

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
sweet! who's to blame for this? haha. all kidding aside, I'm looking forward to meeting you Ian... and a bunch of "new" folks. Here's to a good day :cheers:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
how about we muster on the WEST side of the Bear Mountain Bridge, at the EZPass tollbooth, right on NY-6.

·
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about we muster on the WEST side of the Bear Mountain Bridge, at the EZPass tollbooth, right on NY-6.

That sounds good! Let's get more riding in and agree to be there for about 0900:patriot:

:cycle::cycle::cycle::smilierr::smilierr:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ok, so it's confirmed that I will be able to meet up Sunday morning for the ride/meet. Maybe we could hit up Newburg for the lunch portion.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I live in Southeastern PA. anybody going from near me? Don't really want to be a lone ranger, but I'd want to go

hell, anybody making an equal distant journey?

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
How South, gio...? If you want to "compare" via Google, I'll be coming from about :30 NW of Binghamton. I apologize if you've told me, but where would you be coming from? Wasn't there someone on here from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area?

·
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in Southeastern PA. anybody going from near me? Don't really want to be a lone ranger, but I'd want to go

hell, anybody making an equal distant journey?
Gio, pack a backpack, Google Bear Mt, fill'r up and "head out on the highway":thumb:

Glad you're interested enough to post up. Hope to see you there!

·
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so it's confirmed that I will be able to meet up Sunday morning for the ride/meet. Maybe we could hit up Newburg for the lunch portion.
What are you riding Sabo? Do either the R1 or F2 become street-able or is the cruiser on tap for Sunday?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I want to take the cruiser but I dont trust people with sport bikes to not leave me so I'll probably take the R1. The R1 is completely street, just need race fairing and its track...

·
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want to take the cruiser but I dont trust people with sport bikes to not leave me so I'll probably take the R1. The R1 is completely street, just need race fairing and its track...
I understand. I'm riding the 900, but I might as well be riding a cruiser. This isn't a ride for the guys who want to "win", there's nothing here we need to prove.

In fact, this is the first time I've had a bike that doesn't have race compound rubber on it. I'm a little leery of the amount of available traction I'm going to have, so I'll be pretty conservative. Looking forward to meeting you and hearing more about your track days, the F2 and the R1:thumb:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
...and to back up Ian's words, I left my crashcage on my 954, and it greatly limits the amount that I can get a lean angle... so that and the fact we've never ridden the Mountain and are UNacquainted with it, should make for some rather "tame" riding. I'm 40+, 260+, and got the girl already = nothing to prove here :shades:

·
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
About 24hrs left until this ride actually happens!!!!!

If there's interest you better get your posts up now so we can see if there's any other Fireblades love happening out there :bed::inlove::love::freebird:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
yeah... what Ian said... minus the homo stuff :rotfl:

·
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah... what Ian said... minus the homo stuff :rotfl:
:supergay::rotfl::rotfl: I guess I could have worded that better:eek:

Not that she really needs it, but new eyes will be on her tomorrow:eyebrows:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
do I see some sort of mount for a camera/recording device in the background...? hmmm.

I'm all loaded up, strapped down, fueled up, tankbag packed, new battery installed (works like it should), and pre-trip inspection complete :thumb: oh crap! my helmet... *un1 runs upstairs... grabs his helmet and places it in the car* WHEW! :eek:

are we still at a pack of 4 Ian? :D

·
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do I see some sort of mount for a camera/recording device in the background...? hmmm.

I'm all loaded up, strapped down, fueled up, tankbag packed, new battery installed (works like it should), and pre-trip inspection complete :thumb: oh crap! my helmet... *un1 runs upstairs... grabs his helmet and places it in the car* WHEW! :eek:

are we still at a pack of 4 Ian? :D
It is a GoPro mount, wondering if I was gonna pack it or not. Fighting the new tank bag and my timeline for today went out the window. Dark now, friends over, kids driving us nuts and the bike is nowhere near ready?

Aggravated?

And as far as the rat pack, we almost lost Spacs600rr. He's a midnight guy too, didn't wake up in time to pick up his bike at the dealer before they closed today? I had to call in a favor.........got it taken care of:eyebrows:

And as far as that photo, :rotfl: I'ld like to say I'm Bradley Cooper, but I'm definitely Zach Galifianakis:rotfl:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts