Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Sweet!! Looks like a '72. He should build it - not restore it. :nod:
I'm still looking for a decent '70-'71 shell at a good price.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Nice car. I think the six-pack version stated so on the hood. This is most likely just a four barrel. Still, a great car.

I like the Florida touch in the garage(Hurricane panel leaning on the wall). :D

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I had two Cudas. One '70 383 727 and one '72 318 . Why did I sell the 70 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .

I have a HEMI Dart project in mind just looking for the right deal to come along. :eyebrows:

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Yeah, it was "ok", but this was our transportation for the weekend. Her sister just got it.
Conq. you've gone to an all time low, even carjacking the gf's family members... :nono:

But on the plus side - that is a pimpin ride, and I'm very jealous :thumb:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
SomeStrangeGuy said:
Conq. you've gone to an all time low, even carjacking the gf's family members... :nono:

But on the plus side - that is a pimpin ride, and I'm very jealous :thumb:
I think the plus side is we know she has a sister now :thumb: Judging by the Benz...shes already being taken care of :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
OMG the memories!!!

My first set of wheels (4 wheels, anyway) was a red 'n black '72 'Cuda 340 with the slapstick shifter. Paid $750 for her in 1978 with a fried tranny. I loved that car and kick myself every time I see one.

I sold her to an idiot. I had a Holley 750 spreadbore on it and a real lumpy cam. The moron didn't like the carb and intake, so he bought an old Torquer intake and a carb to match. The intake was rusty so he took it to work and sand blasted it, but didn't wash it out. So guess where the residual sand ended up??? You should have seen the cylinder walls!!! What a sin.

This is the first one I've ever seen with a shifter mounted on the steering stem!!

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Newfie TLR said:
OMG the memories!!!

My first set of wheels (4 wheels, anyway) was a red 'n black '72 'Cuda 340 with the slapstick shifter. Paid $750 for her in 1978 with a fried tranny. I loved that car and kick myself every time I see one.

I sold her to an idiot. I had a Holley 750 spreadbore on it and a real lumpy cam. The moron didn't like the carb and intake, so he bought an old Torquer intake and a carb to match. The intake was rusty so he took it to work and sand blasted it, but didn't wash it out. So guess where the residual sand ended up??? You should have seen the cylinder walls!!! What a sin.

This is the first one I've ever seen with a shifter mounted on the steering stem!!
what a putz. if there is ever a mopar to own its a 'cuda. it's pretty much the only car that ever looked good in purple and that bright lime green. and it even pulled off hot pink pretty decently too. I think I'd go purple if I ever owned one.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
CBR929RE said:
what a putz. if there is ever a mopar to own its a 'cuda. it's pretty much the only car that ever looked good in purple and that bright lime green. and it even pulled off hot pink pretty decently too. I think I'd go purple if I ever owned one.
Before I had my 'Cuda, there was a guy in college with me who owned a '71 (I think) 440 6-pack convertible in purple. That was sweet. If I remember right, it was a 4 speed too.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Newfie TLR said:
Before I had my 'Cuda, there was a guy in college with me who owned a '71 (I think) 440 6-pack convertible in purple. That was sweet. If I remember right, it was a 4 speed too.
did it have the black stripes too? the stripes just complete the look.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Newfie TLR said:
His didn't. Mine did.
I wish I was born like 25 years earlier so I coulda been there for all those cool muscle cars. But I guess being young for all the bikes that are coming out now is pretty good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts