Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

mods: polished frame (if you look closely you can see the reflection of my midpipe in the swingarm), two brothers full exhaust, pcIII, accelerator pump mod for pcIII, gutted airbox (like flapper mod), stock airfilter (had k and n before), led undertail with integrated blinkers, front mirrors with integrated led blinkers, did erv3 chain, stealth +2 rear sprocket, afam front sprocket (stock teeth), yellow windshield, custom padded driver seat, custom cover for rear seat, chrome vortex frame sliders.....
phew and to think I wasn't going to do anything to this bike because it was too good from the factory

planned mods: custom dyno tuned map for power commander

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very nice 929. Had an '01 that I did pretty much the same to, minus the polish. In a lot of respects, I liked it better than my '05 1krr.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jagmotorcycle
on ebay

They were 50 or 55 I believe. They also have black ones. It's a universal fit so many bikes use the same one.

The nice thing is that the blinker is at eye level for cars. I can't remember that last time I actually saw a bikes flush front blinkers blinking.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update.

I got the custom dyno tune. I didn't gain much horsepower at full throttle. The map I downloaded for the full 2 bros exhaust turned out to be excellent in that regard.

It's everywhere else that I really gained. Leaving a light it's pure bliss. It just pulls so much stronger everywhere.

Oh yeah, after one incident of lock to lock headshake at 90mph I bought a scotts steering damper.

Wow what a difference the damper makes. It really transforms the bike. It's much more stable and stays in the turns effortlessly. Front wheel comes off the ground, no problem. It comes down at any angle and is always controlled. No more scary landings from a bit too much throttle. Of course I always try to bring it down smoothly under power, but the damper really gives a confidence to coming down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts