Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a Cycle World magazine from Dec of 1991 where they get an exclusive insight to the 900RR.
They go to Honda's R&D Dept in Japan and talk to someone whom isn't a "Honda employee" but "his arrangement with the company requires him to remain anonymous"
Apparently he was "known for his extraordinary riding skill and objectivity as an evaluator."

Who wants to hazard a guess at who the inside source was?

An important quote from the article "The CBR900RR is going to rewrite everyone's definition of Open-class performance"

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I know in 1991 they went to Japan and talked to Tadao Baba about the 900RR, and he was a test rider also, but since he would have been a Honda employee I don't know.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So I bought a Cycle World magazine from Dec of 1991 where they get an exclusive insight to the 900RR.
They go to Honda's R&D Dept in Japan and talk to someone whom isn't a "Honda employee" but "his arrangement with the company requires him to remain anonymous"
Apparently he was "known for his extraordinary riding skill and objectivity as an evaluator."

Who wants to hazard a guess at who the inside source was?

An important quote from the article "The CBR900RR is going to rewrite everyone's definition of Open-class performance"

The Stig :)

Dave Hancock?

Are we just guessing rhetorically or do you know who the rider was?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hey Garret, did you forget about this thread you started??? We're waiting for an answer...or some additional hints...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts