Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with a friendly and knowledgeable lady at Cycle Brakes. I ordered a set of the red coated stainless Galfers front and rear, .75 inches over stock on the fronts (so as to accomodate my Genmar bar riser).

Ordered three Speed Bleeders and fresh DOT4 fluid to boot.

Stuff will be here before the week is out. I think the lines will look trick and I know I'll be happier with the lever and pedal after I get them installed. Once you go stainless, it's hard to stay with OEM rubber lines. :nono:

:thumb: http://www.cyclebrakes.com/ :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
What happened to your quote of "Mod less, ride more"?.........Hmmmmmm





:D

I guess it is important to be able to stop, so brake mods fall in the line of routine maintainance. :smilebig:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ND4SPD said:
Was she hot?
You're always asking me if "she's hot" when I post and speak of a female. Remember the "Was Brandi hot?" interrogation in my Lookie what I did at work today thread?

Dry spell or something, 'bolt? :smilebig:

Edit: now that I think about it, I believe you questioned me about the girl cop in the What not to do on a Sunday morning thread as well. Yeah, you must be suffering from DSBU. :nod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
colryn said:
I guess it is important to be able to stop, so brake mods fall in the line of routine maintainance. :smilebig:
:thumb:

So far the tally is only a Puig screen, Genmar riser and now lines. That's hardly modding as compared to my past behavior. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Chain said:
Just got off the phone with a friendly and knowledgeable lady at Cycle Brakes. I ordered a set of the red coated stainless Galfers front and rear, .75 inches over stock on the fronts (so as to accomodate my Genmar bar riser).

Ordered three Speed Bleeders and fresh DOT4 fluid to boot.

Stuff will be here before the week is out. I think the lines will look trick and I know I'll be happier with the lever and pedal after I get them installed. Once you go stainless, it's hard to stay with OEM rubber lines. :nono:

:thumb: http://www.cyclebrakes.com/ :thumb:
And the fun begins, just in time for spring!! :smilebig:

Pics please, once you get them installed. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,568 Posts
Chain said:
You're always asking me if "she's hot" when I post and speak of a female. Remember the "Was Brandi hot?" interrogation in my Lookie what I did at work today thread?

Dry spell or something, 'bolt? :smilebig:
:crap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
Chain said:
Just got off the phone with a friendly and knowledgeable lady at Cycle Brakes. I ordered a set of the red coated stainless Galfers front and rear, .75 inches over stock on the fronts (so as to accomodate my Genmar bar riser).

Ordered three Speed Bleeders and fresh DOT4 fluid to boot.

Stuff will be here before the week is out. I think the lines will look trick and I know I'll be happier with the lever and pedal after I get them installed. Once you go stainless, it's hard to stay with OEM rubber lines. :nono:

:thumb: http://www.cyclebrakes.com/ :thumb:
thanks douchebag now I have to go and spend money on speed bleeders. I shoulda bought them when I got the lines (same ones you have just regular length). I can't wait till the spring so I cna play with my new goodies (db screen, brake lines and pads and custom corbin seat)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CBR929RE said:
thanks douchebag now I have to go and spend money on speed bleeders. I shoulda bought them when I got the lines (same ones you have just regular length). I can't wait till the spring so I cna play with my new goodies (db screen, brake lines and pads and custom corbin seat)
I have never used Speed Bleeders, but am looking forward to trying my first set. HG2 and others around here sing their praises. I've done brake lines on two of my past bikes and don't mind the work, but I'm guessing it's going to be a whole lot easier this go-round.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did some checking around with a couple of the site sponsors as well as a few others, but most e-vendors don't list prices for custom length Galfer lines. According to what I'm told, Cyclebrakes.com is a Galfer distributor and they make custom length sets in house, to order.

I was more than satisfied with the price and customer service I got on the phone, so . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
speedbleaders suck.

I had them on my 929 and I kept getting small amounts of air in my lines. Not to mention pumping the lever FOR DAMN EVER to get fluid out. with the stock banjo and the "loosen, squeeze lever and hold, tighten, release lever" method, 4 pumps tops to get fluid to the caliper...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
Speedbleeders are a like Canyon Dancers...you either love them or hate them... :twocents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Baketech said:
Speedbleeders are a like Canyon Dancers...you either love them or hate them... :twocents:
Sounds like that's true. I value willi's advice and experience, but there are folks here who I respect as well who've had nothing but positive results in using them.

I'll give 'em a try. What the hell, they're only $10.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top