Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys new the whole bike repair work always been into cars but just bought mt first bike!! Well i have an issue a misfire so i pulled all the plugs cyl #3 was the only one fouled so i replaced them all tested the coil and changed my wires and still no luck The plug was soaked in gas and she does smell like shes running really rich and u can feel the misfire up to 4k then it feels like it smooths out gonna do a comp test tomorrow but i was wondering what to look at next. Was thing of cleaning my carbs since it ran fine before but if i pull them off and aprt willi have too sync them??
anyhelp would be greatly appreciated
Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Okay guys new the whole bike repair work always been into cars but just bought mt first bike!! Well i have an issue a misfire so i pulled all the plugs cyl #3 was the only one fouled so i replaced them all tested the coil and changed my wires and still no luck The plug was soaked in gas and she does smell like shes running really rich and u can feel the misfire up to 4k then it feels like it smooths out gonna do a comp test tomorrow but i was wondering what to look at next. Was thing of cleaning my carbs since it ran fine before but if i pull them off and aprt willi have too sync them??
anyhelp would be greatly appreciated
Thanks guys
The diaphram in the fuel tap has failed.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The couple local dealers don't have it and neither did bike bandit do u have any other suggestions

Ask a dealer to order it in perhaps?
You should also be able to get an aftermarket petcock rebuild kit.

I would also suggest you actually check it be sure that's the problem before you order anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well checked the diaphragm today and it checked good... pulled the float cover and everything was crystal clean so gonna do a comp test next

1 - 5 of 5 Posts