Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and could use some help. I just got my '05 CBR1000 back on the road after a long winter and a couple of upgrades: PCIII, K&N, and a D&D undertail exhaust.

I could really use a baffle for these twin pipes, does anyone know where to buy or special order a baffle to fit these? D&D does not make one and did not seem interested in making any when I asked :mad: . I really want something that can be removed easily for those days when I want to be really annoying but I'd like to stop waking up my neighbors when warming her up in the morning.

Any help or tips is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I'm new to the forum and could use some help. I just got my '05 CBR1000 back on the road after a long winter and a couple of upgrades: PCIII, K&N, and a D&D undertail exhaust.

I could really use a baffle for these twin pipes, does anyone know where to buy or special order a baffle to fit these? D&D does not make one and did not seem interested in making any when I asked :mad: . I really want something that can be removed easily for those days when I want to be really annoying but I'd like to stop waking up my neighbors when warming her up in the morning.

Any help or tips is appreciated!
I thought the whole selling point of D&D was to make the most noise?
I got pulled years ago for being over the limit on the track.
I bought an engine welsh plug, drilled a hole through the centre and pressed it into the muffler outlet. Worked fine and I was allowed to race.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is, but everyone's interpretation of loud is different so I thought I'd try it out myself. Wish I'd read some of the other posts first before I did though. It's definitely LOUD, I can live with that but some nights you just want to coast in without the wife knowing what time your getting home. Know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I think it is, but everyone's interpretation of loud is different so I thought I'd try it out myself. Wish I'd read some of the other posts first before I did though. It's definitely LOUD, I can live with that but some nights you just want to coast in without the wife knowing what time your getting home. Know what I mean?
I understand perfectly :)
I hate loud exhausts at any time - even on the race track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts