Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this thread is worthless w/o pics (ill get them later) but Mom just got Dad a 90 Corvette 6 speed for Christmas, dad wont let me try it yet since its raining out but i hope to get some pics tomorrow, its pretty nice. Hes already on the net looking for hop up items for it !

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
VERY NICE. make sure you get some pics and get that sucker out on the road :evilaugh:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah sadly its not the ZR1 but its still pretty nice, todays forcast looks pretty dry :-D :evilaugh:

hey anyone know what this 'one to four' light is in it ? i heard some stuff but cant find it on the net and havent looked in the owners manual yet....

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
stopsign said:
nah sadly its not the ZR1 but its still pretty nice, todays forcast looks pretty dry :-D :evilaugh:

hey anyone know what this 'one to four' light is in it ? i heard some stuff but cant find it on the net and havent looked in the owners manual yet....
I guess he got the manual transmission. That light is the CAGS. (Computer Assisted Gear Selection) This puts the car into fourth gear from first which improves overall fuel mileage. That's how the car got around the gas guzzler tax. Honest!

At low rpm it locks out 2nd and third gear. If you don't feel that, the previous owner may have disabled CAGS, but the dash light would still come on. Just ignore it. Another way to get around it is to shift at a higher rpm from first to second (which is what I do :evilaugh: )

I hope this answers your question.

Here's some 1990 Corvette trivia.
There were 16,016 coupes and only 7,630 convertibles built that year. Retail price was $31,979 and $37,264 respectively.

The most ordered color was Bright Red (6,956). The rarest color was Competition Yellow (278).

The ZR1 package added $27,016 to the base price. Chevrolet service departments had to return the LT5 engines to Mercury Marine in Stillwater, OK for certain repairs.

The second most expensive option for the '90 C4 at $26,895 above base price was RPO #B2K...the CallawayTwin-Turbo. Only 58 of them were built, which was the smallest production run for the B2K options during the years it was offered 1987 to 1991. There were only 71 B2Ks built in 1991 which is quite remarkable because that one option ($33,000) cost more than the base coupe ($32,455) that year.

Go out and look under the hood and let me know if you see Callaway on any of the plumbing in there! Have fun, and drive safely!

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
maxib said:
I guess he got the manual transmission. That light is the CAGS. (Computer Assisted Gear Selection) This puts the car into fourth gear from first which improves overall fuel mileage. That's how the car got around the gas guzzler tax. Honest!

At low rpm it locks out 2nd and third gear. If you don't feel that, the previous owner may have disabled CAGS, but the dash light would still come on. Just ignore it. Another way to get around it is to shift at a higher rpm from first to second (which is what I do :evilaugh: )

There were 16,016 coupes and only 7,630 convertibles built that year. Retail price was $31,979 and $37,264 respectively.

The most ordered color was Bright Red (6,956). The rarest color was Competition Yellow (278).

The ZR1 package added $27,016 to the base price. Chevrolet service departments had to return the LT5 engines to Mercury Marine in Stillwater, OK for certain repairs.

The second most expensive option for the '90 C4 at $26,895 above base price was RPO #B2K...the CallawayTwin-Turbo. Only 58 of them were built, which was the smallest production run for the B2K options during the years it was offered 1987 to 1991. There were only 71 B2Ks built in 1991 which is quite remarkable because that one option ($33,000) cost more than the base coupe ($32,455) that year.

Go out and look under the hood and let me know if you see Callaway on any of the plumbing in there! Have fun, and drive safely!
wow :thumb:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
maxib said:

Looks like someone may have the Corvette Black Book!! :smilebig:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maxib said:

Thanks. Thats some great stuff right there !

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
soon2b954 said:
Looks like someone may have the Corvette Black Book!! :smilebig:
You got that right! Not only that, but I have a reasonably extensive reference library as well on the subject; which I think it may be safe to say that you and evl_twin do also! After all, not many people would think Corvette when the words ''black book" are spoken! (When my wife found out I had a 'little black book' she was royally unhappy until she found out there was no reference to ladies in it!)

Having a brother-in-law that owns his business and earns a living doing frame off restoration of Corvettes helps too! :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
maxib said:
You got that right! Not only that, but I have a reasonably extensive reference library as well on the subject; which I think it may be safe to say that you and evl_twin do also! After all, not many people would think Corvette when the words ''black book" are spoken! (When my wife found out I had a 'little black book' she was royally unhappy until she found out there was no reference to ladies in it!)

Having a brother-in-law that owns his business and earns a living doing frame off restoration of Corvettes helps too! :D
I have a few books for reference myself. In the sprit of Christmas (red) and for good old memories, my C4 Z07

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
soon2b954 said:
I have a few books for reference myself. In the sprit of Christmas (red) and for good old memories, my C4 Z07
Nice ride! ZO7 eh!?? Did you do the mods, or buy it that way? Oh, yeah almost forgot. That's the best color too!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
maxib said:
Nice ride! ZO7 eh!?? Did you do the mods, or buy it that way? Oh, yeah almost forgot. That's the best color too!
All original, 1 of 738 made that year. Bought it with just over 15,000KM on it. Red is definitely the color to go with on a vette (almost like a Honda) gets a lot of attention!! :eyebrows:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts