Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Oh, the irony of it all. BDA I go to your link and the first thing I see is a set of plastic teeth at the top!

Yeah, I agree it's time to take the village out of raising kids and let the parents do it. The troublesome thing is I don't think those kids will get it this time. The more troubling thing is the fact that this was deemed newsworthy by the paper.

Anyway, here's an absolutely true story about a parent who had had enough with two brothers fighting in the back seat of a car while on a long drive from Colorado to the Grandfolks home to visit. After putting up with all the sibling :shit: going on in the back seat for several hours, the dad pulled safely over to the side of the highway in between two towns...IOW in the middle of nowhwere, and shut the car down. He proceeded to walk around the car and open the door and said "Get out".

As we watched the car disappear into the horizon, we decided it was time to stop fighting and start walking together, because we had at least 300 miles to go before we got anywhere we knew.

Just a tiny bit later, a familiar car came into sight and did a U-eey in front of those little :shit: head kids. The driver got out and walked around the car and opened the door like any good chauffeur and only said the words "Get In". Total time elapsed was less than 10 minutes, but there was never again fighting from the back seat on any trip again.

However, that was back in the 50s, we have cell phones now to call transportation when we get kicked out of the back seat!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Good for him. 'Rents need to say what they mean and mean what they say. Too many freakin' 'rents out there either bribing their kids to be good or spoiling them to the point where they, the kids, believe they should get any and everything they ask for. :thumb:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
My parents did similiar when I was in the 7th grade. I dont remember the reason at this point but I think it was my grades in school.

They bought me my first dirtbike and I knew they had it but when I got my report card they said I wasnt getting it for christmas and only once my grades got better.

I had to wait till the next report card to get it which was a couple of months later. Sometimes parents need to do what they need to in order to teach a lesson

And sometimes :twofing: DYFuS

·
Registered
819 Posts
CBRBob said:
Now you would have DYFuS on your ass in 15 mins. :(
They Suck ! :thumbd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts