Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went racing last night @ Sacramento Raceway (drag racing). All went well until we got home and my 954 was almost completely laying on it's side. Apparently, one of the "D" straps that goes around the grip slid the grip off of the clip on and allowed the bike to fall over. I usually hook those straps onto the triple tree too, not sure why I didn't this time :banghead: . Anyway, the only damage is a bent front brake rotor (from the wheel chock). I'm thinking ebay.....any suggestions?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4551071655&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Yep, buy a new one. Also buy a Canyon Dancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never have to worry about that again....or shouldn't unless something extreme happens or a D-ring comes out of the floor.

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
I woldn't bother with it....just buy a new..or used one. You might be able to find one at a salvage place or local non-dealership shops fairly cheap.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I would get a new or a used one. I am glad you didn't lose the bike though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Make sure if you get a used one the seller guaranties it's straight. I bought a wheel and found one of the rotors was .050" out (max is .008"). It was not possible to see this just bye looking at it.

Steve

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The Frame Man in Sacramento says he can straighten them. Never had one done myself but hear very good things about his work. I'd probably still lean towards a new one for anything more than the mildest bend.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Red Rider said:
Regardless of what the seller says in his auction, you take your chances when buying rotors on eBay.
True, but when I was looking I found a couple sellers that offered to take the rotor back if it wasn't in spec.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have bought and sold lots of bike parts from ebay and have found that 99% of sellers are fair and honest. also you can buy 5 used rotors for the price of a new one. good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts