Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit something in the road at 90+ mph and bent both rims, i need some help finding the cheapest place to get them.... guys/gals please help.......

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
You hit something hard enough to bend your rims at 90 mph. you're lucky you didn't come off

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Yeah, what exactly was this something that you hit at 90? I'd think you'd know what it was or at least what it looked like.

Glad you're not hurt, but boy you got me curious!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I in atlanta so i was on 285 and 90 is not bad considering all the cars are doing 85, but anyway it looked like a metal box, but it came and went so fast i really could not tell, my friends that were behind me said it looked like a spam can or something... my pressure was good had just checked it and really thought i had broke the seal on the tire until i looked and realized the rim was bent....... they said i went airborne for a second then wobbled but regained control..... at the time i was thinking what the hell was that... and damn i guess i know what it feels like to hit something, me always being worried about a rabbit or something running out, then i felt the difference and me having had a flat in the rear knew the rear was flat.... had no clue the front was also...
but honestly it could have been over... just like that..... i'm just glad i did not hit it at an angle cuz then it would have been ugly

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Wow, sounds scary. Again, glad you stayed upright and I hope you find some straight wheels for your bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah me too Chain, The polished wheel that are referenced aboved look good however for 300 bucks it seems like there maybe something wrong with them. This dude is in the 925 area code, let me know if any of you guys are out on the westcoast close to that maybe you can check them out for a small fee....... a couple bad ebay transactions will have you nervouse for life.....

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Are your wheels repairable? Or is that considered an unsafe practice?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts