Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have officially become a "ricer" when behind the wheel of the SO's tC. I don't know what it is about that car, it just make sme want to drive fast. If any of you knew me, I drive my Sentra like an old man. If I want to go fast I get on the bike. Anyways.......I'm a Squid Racer:evilaugh:

The SO had just freshly washed her car and didn't want to take it to work and leave it out in the rain. She allowed me to drive it to work on Friday. On the way home a went towards the Honda dealer close to my house to see if there was any bike events happening that night. None to be heard of. As I leave the dealer I come to a light and this Civic pulls up next to me. He's all Fast and Furioused out. I really had no intention of acting like an idiot, until I hear him revving his coffee can exhaust. I grinned, and figured why not. The light turns green and off we go. All I can hear is this kids car, I can't even hear the tC revving, so I had to actually look at the tach to see where it was. I never even got close to redline and pulled his car fairly easily. I couldn't help but burst out in laughter at this kid. Poor kid thinkin he's all big and bad in his car he spent waaaaay too much money on. We get to the next light and he yells over to me, "Hey, what you got done to it?" While laughing I tried my hardest to clam enough to talk and have him able to understand me I say, "Absolutely nothing, it's bone stock!" This kid calls me a liar. To which I laughed even more. This kid was really pissed. I couldn't believe it. It seemed as though he was ready to throw down cause I just lied to him. I found it quite comical and went on my merry way.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
shoulda told him to pull over so you could show him how stock it is. Then you can proceed to make fun of his crappy body kit and coffee can that probably takes away power.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
A couple weeks ago some girl pulled up next to me in her Grand Prix and I guess wanted to race me. I was in TB's RSX. She revved her engine a few times and looked at me. Laughing to myself, I did it right back. Light turned green, she sped off and I took off about as fast as my grandma walks. Now that I read this it's not funny. I sure thought it was at the time.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I've done that exact thing quite a few times, Sunbert. I have absolutely NO desire to race some moron in their $2000 Civic.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yeah....I drive the S2000 like an asshole.

It's not my fault it sounds so good over 6k. :idunno:

·
Registered
316 Posts
i just bought an 02 civic coupe and the thing has NOOO power. even with high rev's take a sec to really pull. i just dont get it... why would people put soo much money into these cars, why not just get a better sports car?? even stock would out run these civics. :idunno:

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
Well, I've seen Civics that will run with Vette's and Viper's.

And the one guy I knew that had one only had about $35-$38k(can't remember which)invested in it.

Can't get a Viper for that.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
Well, I've seen Civics that will run with Vette's and Viper's.

And the one guy I knew that had one only had about $35-$38k(can't remember which)invested in it.

Can't get a Viper for that.
Wow. So you buddy has a $35,000 CIVIC! :rolleyes: :rotfl:
He must be so proud.
And don't even tell me he'd rather have that POS instead of a stock Vette or Viper. Not buying that one for a second.

BTW - I have my own ricer POS, a turbo Acura Integra. It's pretty fast, embarassing most "5.0's" and other ricers whose cars have lots of stickers and big wings on them. But it's a POS, and I wouldn't drive it cross-country - it's just too high-strung to be very reliable. I'd gladly trade it, PLUS $20K, for a stock '00+ Vette.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
TAZ said:
Wow. So you buddy has a $35,000 CIVIC! :rolleyes: :rotfl:
He must be so proud.
And don't even tell me he'd rather have that POS instead of a stock Vette or Viper. Not buying that one for a second.

BTW - I have my own ricer POS, a turbo Acura Integra. It's pretty fast, embarassing most "5.0's" and other ricers whose cars have lots of stickers and big wings on them. But it's a POS, and I wouldn't drive it cross-country - it's just too high-strung to be very reliable. I'd gladly trade it, PLUS $20K, for a stock '00+ Vette.
My goodness, what is this, leave your reading comprehension at home day?

First things first. He wasn't my "buddy", just one of the local street racers around town that most of us knew. Real nice cat, and he used to enter his ride at all of the car shows.

Next, the $35k was not in aftermarket parts, that was including the price he paid for the car brand new.

Lastly, $35k to build a car that could run with cars that cost $40-$45k more? Doesn't really sound like a bad deal to me.

I'm not part of the tuner scene(nor would I want to be), but I do have a lot of respect for those in it who take it seriously.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
My goodness, what is this, leave your reading comprehension at home day?

First things first. He wasn't my "buddy", just one of the local street racers around town that most of us knew. Real nice cat, and he used to enter his ride at all of the car shows.

Next, the $35k was not in aftermarket parts, that was including the price he paid for the car brand new.

Lastly, $35k to build a car that could run with cars that cost $40-$45k more? Doesn't really sound like a bad deal to me.

I'm not part of the tuner scene(nor would I want to be), but I do have a lot of respect for those in it who take it seriously.
Don't lie. :p You know him enough to judge him a "real nice cat" and know all about his car - he's your "buddy". I'm not suggesting he'd be the best man at your wedding, but you can't pretend "buddy" is a description that's technically inaccurate. :D (I'm just kidding. Who knows how well you know him?)

I never suggested he had $35K in aftermarket parts. I said he "has a $35,000 CIVIC", which seems pretty easily interpreted as "he spent a total of $35,000 on his car" - and YOU'RE questioning MY reading comprehension? :evilaugh:

Lastly, tell me what's a "good deal" about blowing $35K to build a high-strung car that won't last; still is a cheap, torque-less econobox under all the bling; and gets you respect only among the Fast and Furious crowd?

However, I'm not ALL against it - surprising drivers who think their cars are much faster IS fun while it lasts. :D But don't tell me a $35K Civic is a good deal compared to a Vette. My "sleeper" Integra GSR (about $17K when new) easily has $10K worth of unseen performance parts (turbo, boost controller, BOV, intercooler, full exhaust, fuel rail, big injectors...); it was like that when I bought it. But I had to spend $3K last year (shortly after I bought it) to rebuild the motor (overbored for two liter displacement/beefy sleeves/forged pistons and rods); and it's already losing coolant, overheating, ruining oil dipsticks and killing fan motors because of excessive heat off the turbo...

Give me a stock GTO or a pair of used LS1 Camaros (I've owned two different '99 6-speeds, and would buy another in a heartbeat) instead. :eyebrows:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts