Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10" of snow this week, must be time to pull the battery, started ice racing my dirt bike and four wheeler last year, fun, but still 4 months of waking up to -5 temps:(

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Ahh the wonders of snow. Can't wait for ours :D

My nephew in Canada told me theres about a week left before Winter arrives, and its already -29 degrees C (He has to use engine block warmers which allow him to start his cars up)

·
Super Moderator
14,700 Posts
Ahh the wonders of snow. Can't wait for ours :D
You're a sick man Twin.:rolleyes:
My nephew in Canada told me theres about a week left before Winter arrives, and its already -29 degrees C (He has to use engine block warmers which allow him to start his cars up)
And still a week to go!:eek:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
You're a sick man Twin.:rolleyes:
And still a week to go!:eek:
Its the truth! I love it when I can look out and all I see is everything covered in snow.

Yup, it has gone down to about -30's before now, saying that the cold isn't damp as it is here. Salt on the roads stops working about -10 to -15 so they have to use rocks instead.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Still some snow here.
Went down to the Snowy Mountains, which only have snow for part of the year.
Was a balmy 26C when I arrived with a few patches of snow still visible. Not sure how much longer they will last.

Of cause these arent near a road - they were tucked up near the ridge line, but quite visible from the road!
Saw quite a few bikes out on the Alpine Way - its a nice road in summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The snow is finally starting to melt away here in Iowa! It has been a long winter but hopefully it is coming to an end...can't wait to get riding again!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Went on a ride out to the Dragon Rally Saturday (Snowdon way). All the ironarse crusties were moaning at the warm, bright sunshine, not Dragon weather at all. Great days riding... at last.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Snow? What be this? I just got off the BM and the dash said air temp 43.5C whats that, 110F?

Nope no snow... never seen the stuff, can't work out how you guys can survive 6 months with no riding!

;)

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
We lose a good 3 months of riding a year here, snow is almost gone and temp in the 60*'s F the next few days, started the bike for the first time yesterday, now to scope out all the nasty pot holes winter has created before the ripping occurs.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Snow? What be this? I just got off the BM and the dash said air temp 43.5C whats that, 110F?

Nope no snow... never seen the stuff, can't work out how you guys can survive 6 months with no riding!

;)
Not so bad if you find yourself a lake and there's lakes everywhere here :)
Lots of 'official' ice racing tracks too.

C'mon, this looks fun, eh? :eyebrows: I've already got some heated gear for next winter :smilebig:

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
No.... that's plain wrong. You fellas are all mussed up.

ICE is for cooling my drinks down. :)
That's AFTER the ride!:rotfl::rotfl:
And mussed up? You guys have the world's most poisonous critters down there :eek::eek: Gimme ice any day. Crocs? - yikes.

How bout converting a dirt bike? Hmm? Come for a visit to the land of ice and snow!:rotfl::rotfl:

And by the way, I'm a female so you should see how much fun the snow-men get up to!
C'mon bring your mates. Don't wanna try ice racing alone. No, eh?
Well I tried. :smilebig:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey that looks pretty good... I'll have it without the freezing bit thanx!

Poisonous critters? pfft it's too hot, they couldn't be stuffed with a hot meal to bite it! :smilebig:

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Hey that looks pretty good... I'll have it without the freezing bit thanx!

Poisonous critters? pfft it's too hot, they couldn't be stuffed with a hot meal to bite it! :smilebig:
Give me columbian druglords over big spiders and platys.
Don't things overheat when it's that hot? We can get up to about 46c here but it only lasts a day or so then back to high 20's.
Don't you become soup in your gear or do you just get used to it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
So far this summer we've had a few 40+ days in a row... like this :flame:

I don't get used to it and I work on the bike, ATGATT.... damn hot!, add 6-8 degrees if dealing with things on the tar.

Mind you I drink an amazing amount of fluid during the day! :eek:

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
So far this summer we've had a few 40+ days in a row... like this :flame:

I don't get used to it and I work on the bike, ATGATT.... damn hot!, add 6-8 degrees if dealing with things on the tar.

Mind you I drink an amazing amount of fluid during the day! :eek:
Good thinking, passing out would be bad technique. I guess you have a built in weight control system. Silver lining.

When we get those boiler days, I'm quite useless. The humidex says 100% and there's not a drop of rain (live on a lake)
This will be my first year riding so I hope to be able to create my own breeze when I can't take it anymore. Toasty head but my new gear has a zip off section to keep the main protection, the rest becomes mesh. May still keep full gear on and test the zip-open vents. Just having air that moves will be a nice thing. 40+ gives a whole new meaning to helmet head. Won't be pretty :rolleyes:
Fair trade off compared to a city bus.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts