Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
It's about time.  This 'spec' tire BS and all of the I4 contraints are total bull$hit and they know it.  Pirelli/Ducati has been in everyone's wallets over the past 3 years and it's about time someone said: ENOUGH!

A spec tire series is so sort sighted, no one wins but the 'spec' tire company for about one and a half seasons.  After that everyone leaves and there is 'no more series' . . .

Give me an RC30, ZXR750, OW01, GSXR750 and a couple of 888s and let's go racing . . . FU#K these guys . . .

·
Registered
759 Posts
Quote and also against the idea of restricting tires to a single make so that a tire maker can become World Champion just by buying the title.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Very sad indeed. World Superbike has been in a downhill spiral for about five years or so, and this was the final straw.
The parallells to CART are amazing. Two once great series killed by idiotic decision making regarding rules.
The AMA is headed the same direction unless they make some changes, too.

It makes me wonder, however, if the FIM helped this along to restore GP as the top level of motorcycle racing.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
It's a shame, but I hope that it'll be a wake up call to the FIM. Hard to have a series without bikes going around and around.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
So what do you racet types think will happen here?
Will there be WSB racing in 2004, or is it done?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Although I do not agree w/ the new rules for WSB, I understand why they did it(in a since). The attempt was to try to even the playing field and not let one factory team buy the championship, which is pretty much what happend this year w/Factory Ducati & Michelin Partnering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts