Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of Dan Kyle Racing's dogbone set up? I'm thinking of getting it and want to see a picture of one. There isn't one posted on Dan's website.

Thanks for any help,

Rick

·
Registered
925 Posts
K9inAZ said:
Does anyone have a picture of Dan Kyle Racing's dogbone set up? I'm thinking of getting it and want to see a picture of one. There isn't one posted on Dan's website.

Thanks for any help,

Rick
I have one on my 929--and now on the 1000RR (very different)--its the best $$ you can spend improving the handling performance of you bike period. Its NOT simply a longer dogbone--it has a kink in it--youll need the side plates too (comes in the kit)--you also need to go approx 5 levels of a lighter spring--(I went from a 17kg to a 12kg)--its NOT recommended if you want to ride 2 up alot. But for better "hookup out of corners--its awesome--and a beautifully made piece of hardware

·
Registered
661 Posts
Mine is on it's way home! I hear it will cause the rubber guards on the swingarm to get eaten regularly....we'll see.

I can't wait to test it out! F---n tired of spinning it up!

As stated you'll need a new spring and prolly a new eyelet on your shock so you can use the added clearance it gives you. DK told me the link itself will add about 1mm to rear height.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Jungleboy said:
Heres a pic of a HRC link for the 954, do dans look anything like this, the kink is to allow greater ride height as when its raised too much the heim joint on the bottom of the shock contacts the linkage!
Yes it looks very much like the HRC unit.

And they do eat your rubber Swingram guards bout every 5-10 trackdays, specially if you are using a 15T forny sprockt

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bringing up an old thread...

If I have a DK link and plates off an 954, will it work on a 929 without going to a 954 swingarm? I believe 929 and 954 OEM plates are different since they are required if you swap swingarms. I called DK and they said it will work for both bikes but I just want to make sure since they probably haven't sold one of these in years. I don't understand why DK plates would be interchangeable when OEM are not.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Bringing up an old thread...

If I have a DK link and plates off an 954, will it work on a 929 without going to a 954 swingarm? I believe 929 and 954 OEM plates are different since they are required if you swap swingarms. I called DK and they said it will work for both bikes but I just want to make sure since they probably haven't sold one of these in years. I don't understand why DK plates would be interchangeable when OEM are not.
If they told you it'll work, I'd bet money they're right. They made them. Who'd you talk to, Dan, Mike...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts