Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Like others have said, Dan is not going to sell you valves or anything else if it is not going to make an improvement. He knows you are wasting $ and he'd rather you use that on another product he sells to increase the motorcycle's performance :D On the RC's if you are over 185-190, his fork job retains the stock springs. The showa forks are excellent on the RC and the 929/954, they just aren't sprung for our weights.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Dan will sell you Ohlins valves if you insist. But he'll try to talk you out of them first.

·
Registered
85 Posts
BTW, if someone wants my DK forks w/springs (185lb rider) and is local here in Ohio we can work a deal before my bike is sold. Don't want to do the long distance thing with the forks.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
sl954 said:
I haven't had him work on my bike but he has been very helpful
on the phone.

Steve
:nod: I wouldn't make a habit of it, but I even called him on a Saturday from the racetrack this year!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I've had traxxion forks and dk forks. Both were awesome IMO.

Having said that, Dan is MUCH more pleasureable to work with. The guy is super nice, met him at rogue VIR last year. Super duper support after the sale too. And as stated above, he is more of a honda guy, whereas most racers race zooks, so thats what max knows...

Dan seems to do things out of wanting to help, max seems to do them out of seeing what it can do for him...

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
I met Max at Barber this year. He's a nice guy in person and can be pretty funny on the WERA boards at times. I just don't have confidence in his knowledge or business practices...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts