Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in Case someone on this Board Ever Actually Owns a 1000RR ( Iam Hopeful)

Dan Kyle's New Factory Ohlins Suspension Guru

Well got quite a surprise at the Button Willow AFM race. A new Merc/Dodge Tall Van pulls up with the Dan Kyle Logo on the side. Turns out that Dan has recently -hired Ohlins AMA support guy, Joey (dont know his last name). He is hella-knowledgable about all the Ohlins valving/set up for the AMA bikes, cause he was the guy that did it.

An AWESOME resource for everyone that needs some suspension tweaking either on the racetrack or for the street.

He recommended a new valving configuration for my CBR1000RR's Ohlins R&T forks (w/SB valving)--that really eliminated alot of the dive on hard braking. He is also the one that helped develop the new valving for the HRC Link/Ohlins set up. I will try this at the end of the month at Infineon and report back.

If you have/need anything Ohlins--this is an awesome opportunity

Kudos to Dan

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
How much does he pay you for bird-dog fee?

J/k. I'm just bitter because I can't afford that right now. Well I can but there's that dinette set.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I (think I) worked with him at a couple of AMA events with James on his WSBK forks. Very good suspension guy. :thumb:

·
Registered
661 Posts
When you going to open an East coast shop Dan? :) Til then I have to settle for whats around here. I've put 2 race seasons on my DK worked stock 954 forks...had the oil changed before this season but NO complaints.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
I'm just bitter because I can't afford that right now. Well I can but there's that dinette set.
Dude, your priorities are fuct up.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Me: Honey, we're not getting furniture in our new home because I need new suspension for my motorcycle.

Ridiculously out of my league girlfriend: What is suspension? Tickle me.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
and then you: "you'll love it. PLush, comfortable, just right for us"
her: "great, when do you get it?" Green light RIGHT there. haha if only that's how it worked huh.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts

Kyle Racing Announces The Addition To Our Staff Of Joey Israel

Dear Customers,
Joey has worked for Öhlins USA for the last four years, as their senior Öhlins suspension technician. Joey brings to our shop a wealth of knowledge and experience gained from working with riders in AMA Superbike, AMA Supermoto, club level Roadracing and street bike suspension set up. As a part of our expanding suspension department, which includes a Roehrig Shock and Fork Dyno, we have outfitted a new suspension service truck, allowing us to perform any suspension upgrades or rebuilds at the track. Joey along with the new truck, will be traveling to AFM races to provide trackside support for our customers. Our first outing was the AFM races at Buttonwillow Raceway on September 9-11. We will continue to provide suspension service at all AFM race events. As the largest Öhlins dealer in the USA, Kyle Racing can use their experience to benefit any level of rider. Kyle Racing will continue to provide both street and track suspension upgrades, using Öhlins suspension components.

Kyle Racing Press Release 9-13-05

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
so maybe some help with my 600RR forks using Ohlins valves can be had? Its in desperately bad shape... :crap:

·
Registered
622 Posts
good, because who there worked on a friends fork ruined them. Maybe now there quality control will improve.

·
Registered
871 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
Me: Honey, we're not getting furniture in our new home because I need new suspension for my motorcycle.

Ridiculously out of my league girlfriend: What is suspension? Tickle me.

Come on Man wheres your balls:D Get that suspension she'll understand:rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts