Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan Kyle Just told me that he is getting the "race version" 1000RR in a month or so. This is the one w/o headlight, revalved forks from the factory, higher compression, more aggressive cams(I think) and some other blingage---hes talking about having the Arata pipes in approx 1 mo too---- :thumb: :thumb:

I figure Ill dump $5K on the RR right out of the chute at Dan's---

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
COOL!

I wish he had time to log in here and post updates, etc... That'd be awesome!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Do you know how Dan is getting one? I know he has many connections from his racing engines, but is this something a regular guy could get with the right amount of money? How much did he pay? I'm planning on having Compression bumped up and dropping in some racing cams, but trying to achieve this at the lowest price. I have been in contact with Ten Kate Racing in Europe for a stripped 1000RR (No plastics and street equipment) but their prices are already high cause thats just the way it is in Europe. I'm probably going to have to sell the GSXR1000 and 600RR to obtain the 1000RR track only bike that I desire.

So Dan how limited are these bikes? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nick the Quick said:
Do you know how Dan is getting one? I know he has many connections from his racing engines, but is this something a regular guy could get with the right amount of money? How much did he pay? I'm planning on having Compression bumped up and dropping in some racing cams, but trying to achieve this at the lowest price. I have been in contact with Ten Kate Racing in Europe for a stripped 1000RR (No plastics and street equipment) but their prices are already high cause thats just the way it is in Europe. I'm probably going to have to sell the GSXR1000 and 600RR to obtain the 1000RR track only bike that I desire.

Call him and ask

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
COOL!

I wish he had time to log in here and post updates, etc... That'd be awesome!
Come to Grattan and talk to him about it in person! :poke:
I know, it's too far, but it would be good to see you again! Guess we'll have to make it south again sometime for another Jennings or VIR day. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Want to find out for me? :rolleyes:

I'll call him if you cant find anything out. I just dont have a phone that works that well, some kinda short or something cuts in and out. So I've been using my computer for communication. I'll drop him an email if I have to, just thought you would be able to get a better answer since it sounds like you know him. No big deal though.

I've got to move and sell a couple toys before I talk business.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Nick the Quick said:
Want to find out for me? :rolleyes:

I'll call him if you cant find anything out. I just dont have a phone that works that well, some kinda short or something cuts in and out. So I've been using my computer for communication. I'll drop him an email if I have to, just thought you would be able to get a better answer since it sounds like you know him. No big deal though.

I've got to move and sell a couple toys before I talk business.
Dan deals directly with HRC on new product, and has been a guest at Honda on numerous occasions (They treat you well when you win 4 FX Championships for the factory). Don't waste his time however, as he is extremely busy and lookie-loos usually don't merit return calls.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just wondering if he can get me a better deal than Ten Kates prices. Wasnt going to try to waste his time. Thats why I was checking if someone who knew him better could get an answer. Thanks for the smug answer Abtech. Not a looky loo, just trying to get the best deal for the purpose, I dont want to buy a street bike that will never touch public road.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Nick the Quick said:
Just wondering if he can get me a better deal than Ten Kates prices. Wasnt going to try to waste his time. Thats why I was checking if someone who knew him better could get an answer. Thanks for the smug answer Abtech. Not a looky loo, just trying to get the best deal for the purpose, I dont want to buy a street bike that will never touch public road.
Sorry, but anyone who lists a bike that essentially doesn't exist in his list of "bikes I own" sounds like either a lookie-loo or a wannabe to me. I also note that when you first started posting you implied that you were a racer (as does the location information "race trailer" in your avatar). Upon further reading, it is apparent that you are neither a racer or a CBR1000RR owner.

Sorry about the smug reply, but people like it "straight up" around here.

·
Registered
304 Posts
For one the race trailer is basically a joke. I have a piece of chit trailer, no roof, and rusted to hell. :rolleyes:

Second the 1000RR(TRK) should read "coming soon" but there wasn't enough room, tried to keep things short ie GSXR1K. Sorry absolutely cranky, I'll edit to "Rusty junk hauler, and 1000RR coming soon." :idunno:

Will this get a nice reply to a question...? :confused:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Nick the Quick said:

I don't know what dan is getting exactly, but I assume it is some sort of "HRC Basic Racer" like was available for the RC51. Its normally a couple G's more than the stock street bike is... Anyone with the dough can get one. I know bob hayashida at bigvalleyhonda.com had a few last year. If you are SERIOUS about this, you could give him a call as an option too...

·
Registered
84 Posts
If i ever get serious into racing an oem "basic racer" version would be perfect. Would probably have to run superbike classes though.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Nick the Quick said:
For one the race trailer is basically a joke. I have a piece of chit trailer, no roof, and rusted to hell. :rolleyes:

Second the 1000RR(TRK) should read "coming soon" but there wasn't enough room, tried to keep things short ie GSXR1K. Sorry absolutely cranky, I'll edit to "Rusty junk hauler, and 1000RR coming soon." :idunno:

Will this get a nice reply to a question...? :confused:
OK, fair enough.

You may want to check the classifieds in RRW or Phsycho Nudes as they usually have someone who brings in a few basic racers before the official release date. If you are looking for a screaming deal, I would wait and buy a production model, as even though the basic racers are stripped, they are always more than the production models.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks for the nice reply Abtech. :) I know you have much knowledge to give, and understand that its much appreciated. I will check out those sites, thanks. I hope I can come to you with questions when I'm ready to start club racing, I still think I'll need another year or two of track days before I'm ready for that though. :thumb:

ccwilli3- Thanks also, I was planning on checking in with Big Valley Honda.

Does anyone know what Dan plans to do with his 1000RR? Does he do any club racing? Just courious.

Anyways probably won't hear from me too much more, at least for a while. Moving to Oregon Monday for a while to take a job at Mt. Hood as a bartender for some free snowboarding, should be nice and relaxing. Putting the bikes in storage and waiting for the 1000RR, cant wait for this summer. I'll pop in every now then, take care yall. :smilebig:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts