Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So within the past week or two I have changed my front brake pads(was on the originals after 21,000). I went with the standard Black Pads from Galfer and I'm a bit saddened at their performance. Very weak intitial feel. I am a two-finger braker and I have never before fealt they were so crappy. Initial lever travel seems so far compared to the stock ones. And yes I did bleed them after I installed them. I didn't think I needed the HH for street use but maybe I was wrong. On a road I am very familiar with and can go quite quickly down I was having troubles on the last ride there. I usually just barely have to squeeze the lever to set up and slow down for some turns but I found myslef really trying hard. Unless I somehow learned how to ride faster then I ever have before and not know it. So is therea level up from these "standard" pads that aren't quite the HH's?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I dunno, but I've been using the Galfer black pads the past two seasons only because they came free with my lines. They're ok. I'll be going back to stock when I've used them enough.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
So toss them and go to something else, brakes are not optional equipment :p

PS thanks for sharing the info/opinion

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think I'll ditch this set and go for the OEM factory ones. I don't really want to get HH's cause I hear they are kinda rough on rotors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
... I agree with the EBC's bein hard on rotors..... I now run Galfer ceramic.... got the recommondation from Todd at Cal-sportbike. I like them... not the same initial bite as the EBC's but definatly stop as well

... no wing, no prayer
lrn2fli

1 - 7 of 7 Posts