Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you will have heard me mention Davey P a close freind of mine and know of his injuries he suffered in a bike accident years ago and his detemination to ride agian. After much thought he has decided to have his useless right arm aputated (a brave choice but the right one i think) today is the day. Good luck Davey P or Stumpy as he will no doubt be known from now on :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Send him our best wishes, Bucko! :thumb:

Lots of good thoughts and prayers heading out to speed his recovery!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I'll be thinking of him today.
Keep us posted please Bucko.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
A horrible decision to have to make, he's a brave lad.

My ol' man used to know a bloke with one arm, they called him 'The Bandit', perhaps Davey P can take on that name too?

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Send him our best wishes, Bucko! :thumb:

Lots of good thoughts and prayers heading out to speed his recovery!
I'll be thinking of him today.
Give him my best Dave
A horrible decision to have to make, he's a brave lad.

My ol' man used to know a bloke with one arm, they called him 'The Bandit', perhaps Davey P can take on that name too?
Thank you all. I'll be sure to keep you all informed on his progress and pass on your good wishes :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Many of you will have heard me mention Davey P a close freind of mine and know of his injuries he suffered in a bike accident years ago and his detemination to ride agian. After much thought he has decided to have his useless right arm aputated (a brave choice but the right one i think) today is the day. Good luck Davey P or Stumpy as he will no doubt be known from now on :thumb:
I said it before and I'll say it again Davey P or will it now be Lefty :huh:. You're an absolute legend mate to come back and master riding again with you're injuries. And looks like the leg has healed OK from you're last prang as well. All the best mate :thumb:.

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's done and when a freind text him to see if he was back on the ward he replied most of him was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: You gotta love his humour, it's attitude like this that helped get through his accident in the first place and it will help him again. I'll be seeing him tomorrow afternoon and i'll pass on all your kind words, i expect we'll also be planning our next ride out ! The Farmyard Party is on the 17th june but knowing Dave he'll be riding before then. His Daugher visited last night and says he's looking well and in good form :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It's done and when a freind text him to see if he was back on the ward he replied most of him was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: You gotta love his humour, it's attitude like this that helped get through his accident in the first place and it will help him again. I'll be seeing him tomorrow afternoon and i'll pass on all your kind words, i expect we'll also be planning our next ride out ! The Farmyard Party is on the 17th june but knowing Dave he'll be riding before then. His Daugher visited last night and says he's looking well and in good form :thumb:

Outstanding news!

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
An amazing attitude, good for him :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
:clap: Well done Lefty. :D

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i'm just back from the hospital after paying Davey P a visit and i've gotta say he's looking far better than i would have expected, seriously he's ready to come ! I suppose wanting his arm of helps psychologically but once again he's amazed me.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I should have mentioned earlier that i passed on all your kind comments, he seemed surprised that people would be interested but thanks you all. Oh and i've just found out he'll be coming home tomorrow, tonight if they can sort his meds out ! Sheesh i was in longer when i had me tonsils out :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I should have mentioned earlier that i passed on all your kind comments, he seemed surprised that people would be interested but thanks you all. Oh and i've just found out he'll be coming home tomorrow, tonight if they can sort his meds out ! Sheesh i was in longer when i had me tonsils out :rolleyes:

That is unbelievable----good on you Davey P---and good on you Bucko for being a caring pal!!!!!:clap::clap:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts