Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phobiaphobe said:
Funny you should bring this up. We went out and purchased a new battery for my girlfriend's mini last night... $29.95. Now how the hell do you change it?
Batteries

Nope I have seent the light thanks to Abtech and others. Apple sucks, ipods are terrible and have terrible sound.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Batteries
Nope I have seent the light thanks to Abtech and others. Apple sucks, ipods are terrible and have terrible sound.....
I'm not an apple fan, but I'd say that the general public, sales number, stock price, etc... Completely disagree with you.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
CBR929RE said:
so you have to hear it live for it to be worth it?
I know you're just an art major and all (haven't been able to throw that card down for a while), but I understand electricity has been around in homes for some time now, and most good stereo equipment can be plugged into it. :rasp:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
BDA116 said:
I know you're just an art major and all (haven't been able to throw that card down for a while), but I understand electricity has been around in homes for some time now, and most good stereo equipment can be plugged into it. :rasp:
haha not funny. your arguement doesn't really fly. what difference does it make if you hear it on an ipod or through your computer. the computer doesn't run on batteries. so the only other alternative to battery or live wires is hearing it in person.

see my point. batteries have nothing to do with how good it sounds (until the batteries start to run low of course).

you can bring up the art major degree anytime but please do it when its warrated.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
CBR929RE said:
haha not funny. your arguement doesn't really fly. what difference does it make if you hear it on an ipod or through your computer. the computer doesn't run on batteries. so the only other alternative to battery or live wires is hearing it in person.

see my point. batteries have nothing to do with how good it sounds (until the batteries start to run low of course).

you can bring up the art major degree anytime but please do it when its warrated.
You're still missing the point and now you're sitting in his net :p

There are drawbacks to digital audio. Put a high end analog rig next to a high end digital rig and the analog will blow it away with clarity.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
:givefuck: ? We use our digital portable audio devices because of the convenience factor. Having the best quality of sound is not really a concern most of the time.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
ND4SPD said:
You're still missing the point and now you're sitting in his net :p

There are drawbacks to digital audio. Put a high end analog rig next to a high end digital rig and the analog will blow it away with clarity.
no I understand that.

but...

Getsome said:
:givefuck: ? We use our digital portable audio devices because of the convenience factor. Having the best quality of sound is not really a concern most of the time.
and granted a portable device isn't going to have the best quailty. you obviously aren't going to get the best frequency range out of 2 tiny speakers anyway. so the drawback of the portable digital devices as far as sound goes is more limited by the speakers rather than fact that its digital.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
CBR929RE said:

Like Noodles said, you entered the net.
Who said anything about playing it through a computer? :huh: I specifically stated STEREO equipment. The mp3 format absolutetly SUCKS for music, regardless of what it is played through.
The only alternative to batteries or live wire is hearing it in person? Yeah, sure.
The point is, real audio equipment can not run on batteries. Shitty stuff, like mp3 players, can.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts