Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my truck 2 months ago it had pen stripping on it, I had it removed at the dealership. When I got it home and finally cleaned it up real good I noticed there were some scratches in the paint about 16 small 1" cuts. I finally figured out what it was, the dip shit that put on the stripping decided it was easier to cut the vinyl on the paint rather than lift it off the paint and not cut through to the metal. I took it back to them and long story short they tried to buff it out and I am still not satisfiedwith the work. The sales manager told me that they tried to do everything they could to get out the cuts with out painting it because they could not do as good of a job as the factory job. I left the dealership and am supposed to call him monday to make an appointment to get it in the paint shop, but on the way home I thought about what he said, If he repaired it it would not be as good as new. So I am going to go in in the AM and explain my thoughts to the sales manager and the General Manager that they sold me a truck they damaged and cannot fix and I want a new truck. I really don't think that is asking too much, they are asking me to take a truck that is blemished and pay new price, so If I am paying new price I want a non-blemished truck. He has already stated that his shop cannot duplicate the factory paint.:idunno:

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You are right Hammer! Don't give in!
Those breaks in the paint coat will never be right. They will be a source of rust or paint breakdown in the future. You bought a new vehicle that should have NO imperfections, particularly those caused by the dealership.
I spent most of the 1980's working in auto dealerships, and saw serveral situations like this (thankfully I was not the cause). The people who stuck to their guns got their problems fixed correctly.
Go get 'em!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I think you are right on the money. There is no way you should let them give you a song and dance that is effectively telling you to stuff it.

You may have to hire an attorney. Hopefully not, but you might want to consider this as it is probably more legal that the C4 you'might' have easily accessible for snakes.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I'll betcha the next guy that wants his pinstriping removed is going to sign a prettty specific waiver, and the guy that puts it on for them is going to have better insurance. .. :rotfl:

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will find out how they do, Going Christmas shopping and am going to drop by the dealership while we are out and see how they act.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I think you should just run down to Pep Boys and get some fancy gold plate look striping and put it on yourself.
While you're at it, grab a couple gold chrome license plate frames, door edging and faux cell antennae.
That would look hot.

Oh yeah, and a couple Taz decals. And some lettering so you can do your last name in Old English font across your back window (gold, of course).

All this would draw the attention away from the little paint marks.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
and a gold trailer hitch propeller.

take it to them. they had some asshat do the work they gotta pay the price for hiring idiots. my uncle is a body shop manager at a local chevy dealership, he'd never let someone do it the halfass way like that.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I think you should just run down to Pep Boys and get some fancy gold plate look striping and put it on yourself.
While you're at it, grab a couple gold chrome license plate frames, door edging and faux cell antennae.
That would look hot.

Oh yeah, and a couple Taz decals. And some lettering so you can do your last name in Old English font across your back window (gold, of course).

All this would draw the attention away from the little paint marks.
Don't forget the "Calvin Peeing on Ford and Dodge" stickers and naked lady mudflaps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i hear you on being pissed man. i also work at a dealership (porsche, audi, land rover). im the new/used delivery manager (glorified autodetailer). im sure the cuts could be wheeled out if not fully removed the cuts could be filled in w/ touch-up paint, then wetsanded down and wheeled out. i do this type of work all day long. ive taken some pretty gnarly scratches out of paint. if they opt to sand and respray the cuts, you will most likely notice the paint differences. they might "fade" the paint in or they will tape off and paint. both of which you may notice it. if they do decide to paint the area, request they fade the new paint, or better yet take your truck to a custom paint shop and have the work done there. then give them the bill. i doubt they would swap you for another new truck. if thats the only option you would be happy with, i would go above the dealership and make a call to corporite headquarters and talk with them about this issue. you should get a better responce from them than any dealership when conflicts arise.

if you were closer, id tell you to come to me and ill fix it for you. im about 4hrs from ind.

dave

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
take it to them. they had some asshat do the work they gotta pay the price for hiring idiots. my uncle is a body shop manager at a local chevy dealership, he'd never let someone do it the halfass way like that.
Good for him, atleast someone has good morals in the car dealers these days.

I think a rebel flag in the rear window is more Hammer's style.
:D

Quit bitchin and just drive the damn truck..Your a cry baby...:rotfl::smilebig:
Yea right, I bet if you found a razor cut in that Stang you would skull drag the sales guy down the floor of the dealership if he was not there you would do the same to the janitor.

Demanding a new truck because they scratched your paint is a bit excessive, IMHO....
I bought a NEW truck, not a beater. Let me ask you this, Would you buy a truck for full price with a key mark on it?

Then why should I accept one then?

Especially 2 months after taking delivery.
Does not matter how long it has been, statue of limitations is 1 year. They done the damage and now they want to wheezle out of it.

i hear you on being pissed man. i also work at a dealership (porsche, audi, land rover). im the new/used delivery manager (glorified autodetailer). im sure the cuts could be wheeled out if not fully removed the cuts could be filled in w/ touch-up paint, then wetsanded down and wheeled out. i do this type of work all day long. ive taken some pretty gnarly scratches out of paint. if they opt to sand and respray the cuts, you will most likely notice the paint differences. they might "fade" the paint in or they will tape off and paint. both of which you may notice it. if they do decide to paint the area, request they fade the new paint, or better yet take your truck to a custom paint shop and have the work done there. then give them the bill. i doubt they would swap you for another new truck. if thats the only option you would be happy with, i would go above the dealership and make a call to corporite headquarters and talk with them about this issue. you should get a better responce from them than any dealership when conflicts arise.

if you were closer, id tell you to come to me and ill fix it for you. im about 4hrs from ind.

dave
I appreciate the offer. My take on this is: I let them do what they wanted to do to try and fix the problem, the sales manager tells me that he tried everything in his power to try and get the cuts out with out re-painting it and elaborating on how a factory paint job is the "Best" and their shop cannot reproduce it as it will have imperfections in it and orange peel all in an attempt to try and save $$ for the dealership. He laid the BS on hot and heavy and he did not like it today when he was confronted in the showroom about it with alot of potential customers in there. He should have done it right the first time and not fuc*ed with me wasting my time.

Todays visit:
Me and the wifey went to the dealership around noon to talk with the G.M and the sales manager about the situation at hand. The sales manager was there but the General Manager was not and the S.M. asked if there was anything he could do, I told him we had to discuss this issue with the truck and the cuts in the paint. He asked he was going to paint it, I explained to him that was not going to happen due to his comments friday saying his shop could not do as good a job as the factory and that is not what I paid for. I paid New price for a New truck and not an insurance re-do POS. He swore up and down he did not say that his shop could not do good work and tried to play with words a bit, I am a little bit smarter than that. I told him he has 2 choices and that he could replace the affected body panels with new ones with a factory paint job on there or he could get me a new truck, he told me that would not happen I told him that was his options and I would explain them to the G.M. on monday as well and expressed my displeasure with the service I was recieving and left. I then called the Fleet sales manager (who we buy all our company vehicles from) and explained to him what was going on and he said he would check with the G.M. as well on monday morning as well as soon as he got in. The S.M. again called me about 5min after that pleading for me to bring the truck back in to have him repaint it and asked when could I have it there, I told him I brought it to you last Tuesday and you half assed it them now you want it back? He said, " I should have just repainted it" I told him yes you should and kept your mouth shut in the process. He agreed. I told him I did not know what I was going to do and I would be getting with my Lawyer as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts