Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only ridden The Dragon once and I'm sure you local boys have seen plenty of bad behavior there, but while I was browsing killboy's most recent photos from November 22nd, I found this gem and decided it HAD to be commented on.

LINK

What a couple of F_CKING MORONS!

Lesse, how many bad desisions can we find in this pic?

1) encroaching into oncoming traffic lane
2) riding aggressively while two-up
3) no gloves for either party; no eye protection for operator
4) tires on slick lane marker paint
5) 150 rwhp sportbike in the hand of an obvious noob

It's no wonder than in one day at the Gap last June, I witnessed three good bike crashes... :rolleyes:

We are our own worst enemy.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's another shot of our hero - trail braking (a concept which I'm sure he has no understanding or command of), across the center line and with the rubber precariously near that slippery paint in between the lines.

LINK

asswipe squids! :chainsaw:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
take a good look at that passenger helmet. in pic number one.

pic two, nice license plate and turn signals.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
at least he got some good pics of his bike

cause if he keeps riding like that, I'm sure he's not going to have it for long.

·
Registered
522 Posts
That's just it, you can't get rid of these riders. The only way is usually the hard way. Slip slid and awaaaaayyyyyy......

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Darwin will take care of them....BTW, I had a great few runs on the gap today...:cycle:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
TraumaOne said:
Wasn't it a bit chilly?
Not too bad...high 50's with a very blue sky!!!

But the Cherahola was not the best yesterday...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well. Not much can be said for that rider, other than I hope him and his passenger are having fun now. Maybe it's just me but when i'm riding I have a "fear" of crossing that center line, regardless of which way I'm going. I don't even like for part of my body to be over the center line let alone the whole damn bike. And this guy has a passenger with him. Neither one seems very smart but maybe it's just me. And can somebody please tell me what it is with this passenger leting their right arm hang? Is that for those cagers that are taking their line away or what?

·
Registered
433 Posts
The guy probably is a moron but I have seen much, much worse there. People regularly go into the other lane. You have no idea how many times I have come up on a turn to find some dork coming at me in my lane. It requires a certain amount of cool to not freak out and do something stupid (like swerving into them).

As for the lines, they aren't that bad unless they are wet. And you would be surprised at what a bike can do 2-up. I have tried to pass Reg Pridmore when he was riding 2-up on a bike that weighed 100lbs more than mine and had 30HP less than mine. Couldn't do it, and he probably was only running 70%.

And only 3 crashes Chain? When we were there last there had to be at least 10 each day. Lots of people push it too hard there and come out on the losing side. Of course, I don't have much room to talk since the RC left some of its plastic, paint, and metal along the Gap the last time I was there.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I've done some aggressive 2-up riding on the gap....it requires a certain level of understanding between rider and passenger, but it can be fun if both parties are up for it. I never touch lines, or cross into the opposite lane.

I agree with LFG about the distraction of oncoming riders crossing the line. The first time, it zapped my concentration....but I ended up relying on the same skills I picked up from an old timer.....ie, never watch a falling rider.....instead keep looking through the turn. Same for the line crossing clowns.....aquire them, evaluate their track and then keep looking through the turn....

I have tried following Reg 2-up with varying degrees of success. I once picked him up as he entered the track with Gigi at MidOhio, and since there was no one around me, decided to follow until I was no longer comfortable. The first lap was no problem, as I am sure he was warming tires. The second lap, I held him for a few turns (he cruised the straight at a leisurely 110mph) did okay through the esses, but by T12, he had pulled a few bike lengths. On the 3rd lap, I was entering the keyhole as they were exiting....and by the esses, I was no longer following....by the end of the session, he was filming me from behind....amazing!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have to agree. Many people cross the center line on the GAp . . . I don't get it. When I rode there a year ago, I lost count of the times a car was on my side of the road while coming around a corner.

Back to the picture, is the passenger leaning counter to the rider?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Hehe...I was late for my out lap at Laguna once, and Reg came onto me with a passenger on board, but I didn't know he was there. Being that I was on cold tires I was just running wide and easy...and I guess Reg likes to pass on the outside since he doesn't know what a rider is going to do, since I let the bike run wide, he had to run it in the dirt throwing roost the whole time.

I basically said "oh shit, I'm busted". I did catch and pass him, and he made no gyrations...so maybe I'll be all right...In class after the session he mentioned the incident. I turned about 3 shades of red and slowly raised my hand. He just laughed it off, said there was plenty of room, even if his passenger didn't think so! :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts