Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed, much to my horror, that one of my decals has a small scratch in it (probably from our cat jumping up onto my seat in the garage). I'd like to replace it (the decal, not the cat). I've got an '03 954 in red and black, and it's the decal that goes on the left side of the cowl, like a black number plate on the red cowl.

Anybody have a suggestion on the best place to find a replacement? I've tried Ebay but haven't found any. Would my local dealer be able to get me just that decal or do I need to buy a whole set?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
In my 929 parts manual there is a parts # for each decal. There is not even one for a complete set. I guess it's the same for the 954.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
bwhip said:
I noticed, much to my horror, that one of my decals has a small scratch in it (probably from our cat jumping up onto my seat in the garage).
I feel that I should step up to the plate on this one. Sorry bwhip, don't euthanize the cat yet. I must confess that I caused that scratch when I was trying to attempt a save at a dropped beer. My apologies. You DO remember that I live in your garage with the other hired help, right? :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
would TRICKTAPE have it?? I have never ordered from them, but I am sure they would have a replacement.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Decal Question

Bacchus said:
I feel that I should step up to the plate on this one. Sorry bwhip, don't euthanize the cat yet. I must confess that I caused that scratch when I was trying to attempt a save at a dropped beer. My apologies. You DO remember that I live in your garage with the other hired help, right? :lol:
Thanks for fessing up, Bacc. Just remember, next time you want to sit on my bike, use the ladder to help you aboard. No more using the grappling hook to help you climb up, Batman style! :nono:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Or you could peel off all the decals and wrap the phucking cat up in 'em:idunno:
Anywho, there are a few pics of bikes that look tight with decals removed...

·
Registered
554 Posts
To find the decal for the rear cowl look under 'Stripe Mark CBR900RR 2002-2003'

All the decals are listed there.

That seat cowl decal looks like it will set you back $30+....and that's at Ron Ayers' discount prices!!!

The decals can be removed fairly easily by warming the decal with a hair dryer. I have heard that replacing that large seat cowl decal can be a bit tricky due to its size and the contour that it has to be placed on.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
allred said:
To find the decal for the rear cowl look under 'Stripe Mark CBR900RR 2002-2003'

All the decals are listed there.

That seat cowl decal looks like it will set you back $30+....and that's at Ron Ayers' discount prices!!!

The decals can be removed fairly easily by warming the decal with a hair dryer. I have heard that replacing that large seat cowl decal can be a bit tricky due to its size and the contour that it has to be placed on.
Thanks, Allred!

THIRTY DOLLARS!!!? THAT CAT IS FREAKING TOAST!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Decals are east to apply if you do it right. I've applied many large trans ams birds for older cars for a local body shop and its simple if you use water and a little soap and a soft squegee(sp). Before you take off the old use some masking tape to mark your top line and each end. With those three pieces of tape as a guide you will be able to put your decal in the exact same position as it was. Make sure you use a quality cleaner after the decal is removed. Once you have it clean and dry use a painters tack rag to remove any lint,fuzz,hair,dust. Spray both the surface and the decal with a soap and water mixture and simply lay it on, line everything up, and squegee the water out.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've replaced those stickers before and it's a PITA. They are easy at first at the top section but once you try to make the bend OMG what a bitch. It took a couple hours to get it on without bubbles. I don't think I would do it again. Good luck to you if you take on the job. You just need to have a lot of patients.

·
Registered
595 Posts
OntheEdge said:
I've replaced those stickers before and it's a PITA. They are easy at first at the top section but once you try to make the bend OMG what a bitch. It took a couple hours to get it on without bubbles. I don't think I would do it again. Good luck to you if you take on the job. You just need to have a lot of patients.

:rotfl:

·
Registered
595 Posts
GhostRider said:
Got to be a Doctor to have patients.
:lol: :rotfl:
I quoted the wrong post above, but it's still funny! :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts